PDA

View Full Version : People in Glass Houses....

DROGNA
3rd Dec 2001, 23:46
Before I start I would like to point out that the views expressed below are not mine, but someone who is in the airline industry and has recently read the thread about British World aircraft being impounded. This person works for an airline, who like British World may or may not be having a hard time at the moment, but has been on the receiving end of some gossip generated by British World's Opertations Department. Seeing how stressed British World employees have been getting at some people who have rubbished their company, it may be time for them to look closely at what some of their own staff have been saying about the competition. I have also heard the rumours below from British World staff, and although I am impartial, I know them not to be true and seem to me to be just scare-mongering.

As I have stated already, I have no connection with any company, I am simply acting as a mouth piece, therefore I will not be answering any replies as I do nt know the full facts.

Quote" In response to the postings so far I would like to point out the following
as it has been a little like the kettle calling the pot black. I agree false
speculation is not very helpful for anybody. It was someone in British
World, however, who called a number of Charter Brokers to tell them of
another airlines false demise. Most of the Brokers could not believe this
and checked out the information finding it wholey incorrect. This had the
effect of giving the impression that British World themselves were in a bad
way. It was also someone at British World who started the same rumour with
an engineering company which then spread like wildfire. I do hope that these
people get to read their colleagues postings, if this gets through the
moderators." Unquote

Thank you for allowing me to redress the balance.

Hamrah
6th Dec 2001, 02:15
Drogna,

I have investigated this within the company, and I have to report that your friend has a valid point.

An employee of the company DID spend time bad mouthing a competitor to various charter brokers.

I cannot condone this behaviour. Times are difficult enough within the industry without this underhand knocking of competitors.

Please ask your friend to accept my personal apology on the matter.

H

[ 05 December 2001: Message edited by: Hamrah ]