PDA

View Full Version : JAR PPL Logbook entries

phugoid
23rd Nov 2003, 23:37
I am a student PPL on PA28-140 and I have a few questions regarding JAR PPL Logbook entries.

1. On training flights with an instructor, are the instructors licence details needed in the remarks column?

2. If you have flown as a crew member (student ppl) in the left hand seat, but the captain is not a flight instructor, what can you put in your logbook under holders operating capacity?

Regards

Phugoid

:confused:

BEagle
23rd Nov 2003, 23:42
1. No. Unless it's your biennial 1 hr dual training flight, in which case 'satisfactory' should also be entered.

2. Passenger. You may NOT fly the ac without a FI when pre-PPL unless you're flying a supervised solo exercise.

Evo
23rd Nov 2003, 23:45
1. Not for a normal PPL training flight, although there are times when you would want to note it (e.g. for differences training or the 'hour with an instructor' needed for licence renewal).

2. You can log it as SNY if you like, in the "other flying" column, but it doesn't count towards licence issue. The chap in the right hand seat logs P1.

FlyingForFun
24th Nov 2003, 09:36
I agree with both BEagle and Evo. To add to their replies, though:

1. I think that FARs require the instructor's license details. It's certainly common practice in the US, even if it's not required. But it is not required under JARs. That may be a possible source of confusion.

2. It's your logbook, so you can put whatever you want in it. But you can't count those hours towards anything at all. According to the CAA, "SNY" is the "correct" way of logging this (it stands for Supernumary), as Evo says, but you can record it however you want as long as it's clear that the numbers aren't included in your total.

FFF
-----------