PDA

View Full Version : EUROCONTROL...Only way to go?

flyer75
30th Sep 2003, 18:54
Hi guys and ladies:O

I have recently looked into starting an ATC "degree" as I seem to have no luck as an airline pilot at the moment..

I thought it would very interesting to go through the classes and hopefully get the licence to work as ATC.

I contacted Eurocontrol in MAastricht but was told i was too old,I just turned 28..as they teach you to later employ you.
I understand i may leave as soon as i get a flight deck job but im still very keen on doing it...even paying for it..

Anyone may know of a school that would allow me to follow their modules..either in the UK,France or Sweden.

Thanks for your help,

Tailwinds,

Flyer75

we are everywhere
6th Oct 2003, 23:48
Not aware of any degree course but you can apply to be an ATCO with NATS or pay them to attend their courses. You can apply to be an ATCO with NATS up until your 30th birthday. Or if you are willing to pay I am sure they would be happy to take you almost at any age(money talks, its a business) . Dont think it is cheap though. To train an ATCO to validation costs NATS well over one hundred thousand pounds and in some cases alot more. The cost is high because they pay you while you train. There are other places too, a quick search on a search engine on the internet you will soon find them.

flyer75
7th Oct 2003, 20:07
Thank you for your reply,I will look into NATS today.

Keep up the good work guys.:ok:

Flyer75

Moben
10th Oct 2003, 07:06
If you want to become an ATCO in Sweden I think your only option is through Luftfartsverket, check out their website at http://www.lfv.se/site/air_traffic_control/education/index.asp