PDA

View Full Version : APM Vol 7 RT

tartan 42
18th Sep 2003, 15:57
Your views please.......
1. Is APM Vol 7 RT an essential buy if you already have the CAA CAP 413 RT manual? What is not covered in the CAP 413 which you will be tested on?

2. The CAP 413 does not cover radio principles etc - is there an radio principles in the RT theory exam?

3. The PPL confuser does not have a section for RT (if I recall correctly) - are there any practice papers out there for the RT Theory paper?

A slightly different question:

4. The school I am considering for my PPL states they don't conduct the RT exam and I will have to do this in the UK before (or after - which I thought was odd) I take the skills test. Can I just turn up at a local shool in the UK and ask to take the RT exams?

Thanks for your feedback
T-42

Evo
18th Sep 2003, 16:07
APM - as in Trevor Thom?

1. It isn't essential - CAP413 covers everything you need (the questions are from CAP413) and it is correct by definition.

2. No - if it isn't in CAP413, it isn't in the exam.

3. The 'old' Confuser had an RT exam, ask around at the school and somebody may have a copy - or somebody here probably does

4. I did the RT exam the day after my skills test, so it can be done. There should be no problems just turning up and doing the test.

HTH