PDA

View Full Version : Eurocontrol Phase 2

iamtheone
5th Sep 2003, 01:02
Hello, i have been invited to attend stage two in maastricht after positive feedback from stage one, i have searched the entire site for extra info and didnt find that much to be honest! Could anyone give any info regards the flight planning exercise etc? I am quite excited about the whole process and hope to get in to start my training as soon as poss! Any advice would be most appriciated!

Thanks!!!

heavy 5leeper
5th Sep 2003, 20:26
There's not a lot of prep you can do before you go, just do your best on the day. Make sure you have a good night sleep before hand and eat breakfast in the morning - improves brain power.

If anything, brush up on your basic time, speed, distance calculations and get some questions ready for the ATCO's when you see them.

Review your application form and if you answered truthfully in the beginning, you shouldn't have any problems with being inconsistent between the form and your interview - they WILL pick up on it and ask more and more questions in that area until they are satisfied with your answers.

Good luck anyway!

HS

:ok:

WX Man
6th Sep 2003, 04:38
Oh FOR PETE'S SAKE you blatently didn't search hard enough, sorry my patience has really run out!

Do a search on all *my* postings in *this* forum and you'll find a shed load of stuff on Eurocontrol, including something called a 'big Eurocontrol posting' which tells all about being a student ATCer from sending the application form off to getting to Luxembourg.

However I have neglected to put all the stuff in about getting chopped. Which I have been! But I don't mind, I'm one week into my ATPL course :E

iamtheone
10th Sep 2003, 18:11
Any more help? ive got to be there next tuesday! (cant wait though!) i looked at your post wx man, its very interesting but not that much on phase 2! Do you work in maastricht?:) :)

Impi
11th Sep 2003, 00:27
I say...don't bother coming...

I'm not joking sir
12th Sep 2003, 06:27
I'd focus on the interview more if I was you. Believe me, you'll need to!

TrafficTraffic
12th Sep 2003, 17:48
How is the McDonalds Drive Through job going....

Dont pay too much attention to Impy, he was beaten as a child - or should have been...

WX Man
20th Sep 2003, 19:22
Ahhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!

The impish one rears his(?) head again. A lot of people accused me of being Impi! As if! Anyone who knows me (433, you're one of them- how's it going? things here in Bournemouth are radiant) knows that I'm not Impi.

iamtheone... you asked if I'm working in Maastricht. Allow me:

However I have neglected to put all the stuff in about getting chopped. Which I have been! But I don't mind, I'm one week into my ATPL course

Answer your question?

iamtheone
20th Sep 2003, 19:29
oh sorry mate i didnt see that