PDA

View Full Version : Caernarfon Fly-in/bash 11th/12th October

WelshFlyer
23rd Aug 2003, 07:15
The fly-in/bash at Caernarfon Airport (EGCK) Has been confirmed; 11th/12th October (2nd weekend) as all has now been confirmed, could people wishing to come reply, so I can organise things as needed.

anyone wanting more information, send me a message....

Let's just hope for good weather..........

WelshFlyer.

(please Mr.Moderator, put a sticky on this:))

LowNSlow
23rd Aug 2003, 12:19
Damn, the weekend AFTER I go back to work.........again.

Whirlybird
23rd Aug 2003, 18:38
11th, or 12th? I'm tied up all day on the 11th, though possibly free in the evening. The 12th might be OK. More details please?

WelshFlyer
23rd Aug 2003, 19:58
the fly-in = saturday the 11th, with the "pprune bash" on the evening of the 11th. "Fly-out" on the 12th, but if you want we could have a bit of a scocial on the morning/afternoon of the fly-out - this would also be an alternatvie for people who couldn't attend the scocial on the 11th.

WelshFlyer.

dublinpilot
24th Aug 2003, 18:09
Hope to be able to make it, but it depends on a few things.

Must get my cross water checkout first, and can't book a/c yet. So won't be able to confirm until nearer the date, but I'm confident that I'll make it :D

knobbygb
25th Aug 2003, 01:50
I'm up for that - driving in rather than flying though. Any ideas for accomodation. I'm happy to camp if possible, as long as it's a short stagger from the pub.

long final
25th Aug 2003, 23:26
Should be able to make that, same goes for the accommodation info, any advise?

LF

BRL
26th Aug 2003, 00:26
Sounds good. I will be driving up to Liverpool to pick a few things up then so if anyone is flying-in from Liverpool/Hawarden I wouldn't mind a lift.

long final
26th Aug 2003, 02:18
BRL,

If you don't find anyone direct I will happily pick you up on the way through from Blackpool. As is, I will also have a spare seat from BPL if anyone wants a lift.

LF

Wycombe
26th Aug 2003, 03:37
Aeroplane booked for myself and Brooklands....hope I won't have to cancel this time.

BRL
26th Aug 2003, 07:06
LF Thats very kind of you sir. I didn't make it to Compton for the last one. Lets keep our fingers crossed the good weather holds on a bit longer.... :)

We can sort something out nearer the time.

proplover
28th Aug 2003, 01:06
If the weathers ok and my Chippy engine is back together I should be able to do one of the days.:ok:

Penguina
28th Aug 2003, 20:55
I'll try and book an aeroplane tonight. :)

Ian_Wannabe
28th Aug 2003, 22:37
Hey Welshflyer,

We've been talking about meeting for a while now, and as soon as we get dates I move away! :sad:

I'll be in Leeds uni on all of those dates, so it wont be close to home which means I cant come - Sorry mate, maybe next summer when I'm home :ok:

Have fun everyone

dublinpilot
3rd Sep 2003, 19:45
Keygrip,

Perhaps this needs a sticky until 13 Oct?

dp

WelshFlyer
3rd Sep 2003, 20:32
I'll phone the Welsh tourist board later, and get a list of reasonably priced-accomodation in the Caernarfon Airport area.

I know of a couple of reasonable b & bs' I'll give the WTB a bell and see if there are any more.

WF.

rotorboater
4th Sep 2003, 00:47
I have put it in my Diary, I pop in there a lot anyway and as long as the weather is OK I will be there.

Come and say helo, I am the one in the dark blue Enstrom.

Whirly - hopefully you will have time for a go in it this time:O

Welsh Flyer - Are you doing a deal on landing fees :D

Whirlybird
4th Sep 2003, 00:58
Rotorboater,

I can't make the Saturday, but will hopefully either drive over Saturday night, or drive/fly over Sunday morning. If you're still there I'd love a go in the Enstrom! :ok:

WelshFlyer
4th Sep 2003, 06:39
Landing fees.....I'm having a word with Mr.Steptoe tomorrow, also going out on a jolly. I'll have a talk to him and see what I can do.

You woludn't happen to be offering rides in the Enstrom? I'd love to fly with you, never flown in a 'helo. (I'd pay of course)

WF.

rotorboater
5th Sep 2003, 00:44
Welsh Flyer

I am happy to take any of the PPuners up for a spin around the lovely countryside of Caernarfon, as long as I don't have to pay a landing fee each time!

There is a warning though, once you fly a helicopter, your plank will just feel like a plank!;)

See you all there, RB:ok:

Penguina
8th Sep 2003, 20:52
OK, I've now got a 'plane booked for FFF, smurph and me that weekend!

Whirly, if you're flying in, maybe you and smurph should get in touch about that trial lesson?

Hoping the weather's OK!

Penguina :D

Saab Dastard
9th Sep 2003, 04:07
Penguina,

Your arrival time will be scrupulously noted and points deducted for each minute early / late against your ETA! :p

Your endurance will be also be (sorely) tested in the bar! ;)

Cheers

SD

Penguina
9th Sep 2003, 21:20
SD:

re: arrival time - speak to my faithful navigator FFF

re: endurance test - speak to me (if you're capable!); do I get my 75 litres free fuel?

:p

WelshFlyer
9th Sep 2003, 23:03
no free fule i'm affraid - but free landing fees. The bar at the airport is stocked and they have a nice function room. I'm sorting it all out.

see you there.

WF.

Penguina
10th Sep 2003, 00:50
Sorry Welshflyer, I wasn't being cheeky there!

Was referring to Penguina Fuel (normally nice ale!) in my reply to Saab Dastard as opposed to C172 Fuel, but free ladning fees won't be turned down!

Looking forward to it (and the miraculous weather we're going to have of course!).

:)

WelshFlyer
10th Sep 2003, 03:12
I know, I was using that Welsh trick of dry humor:)

But there should be a considerable amount of "Penguina Fuel" there. (but if you can manage 70 litres, my hat's off to you - hey go for it!:))

WF.

BRL
17th Sep 2003, 18:36
Ok whats the latest on this. Do we have any address for B&B's in the area?

WelshFlyer
17th Sep 2003, 19:25
We do now!

Here is a list of local b&bs The best bet is The Harp inn in Llandwrog. It's close to the airfield. The Victoria hotel is also only a couple of miles from the airfield

Here is a list Iv'e 'nicked off Caernarfon Airports website:

Local Accommodation

Celtic Royal, Caernarfon 01286 674477
Single room with full Welsh breakfast
1st April - 30th October £65
1st November - 31st March £60
Double room with full Welsh breakfast, based on two people sharing
1st April - 30th October £50 pp
1st November - 31st March £45 pp
Single room with Dinner, Bed & Breakfast, 1 night
1st April - 30th October £78
1st November - 31st March £73
Double room with Dinner, Bed & Breakfast, 1 night, based on two people sharing
1st April - 30th October £63 pp
1st November - 31st March £58 pp

The Stables Hotel
£59 Double
£39 Single
www.thestableshotel.co.uk
[email protected]

The Royal Victoria Hotel 01286 870253
£50 Double
£25 Single

Harp Inn, Llandwrog 01286 831071
£50 Double
£25 Single (twin bedded room)

St. Ives Touring Caravans, Pontllyfni 01286 660347
www.stivestouringcaravans.co.uk

Whirlybird
18th Sep 2003, 02:05
I can't make it; tied up on the Saturday, gotta go to London on the Sunday. :{ :{ :{

Shaggy Sheep Driver
18th Sep 2003, 22:06
Just popped into Barton to check our booking diary. Chippy's booked up on 11th, but free all day on 12th - so I've nabbed it!

Weather and stuff permitting, I'll be there (maybe with another group member) on the Sunday, probably arriving around mid morning.

Cheers

SSD

In Altissimus
22nd Sep 2003, 00:49
Just booked SR for the weekend.

Is Keef going sort out the weather for us?

Shaggy Sheep Driver
22nd Sep 2003, 04:38
As Keef himself will tell you, he's in sales, not managment ;~)

SSD

Flyin'Dutch'
25th Sep 2003, 21:12
Is there a page on 'The Hangar' to note one's interest?

FD

Keef
25th Sep 2003, 21:41
Weather - I'll be in the wilds of rural Hungary, so the folks over there can expect "tempest storm and wind" and maybe earthquake too - standard Keef holiday weather (the boss loves to tease).

Whether that weather will spread as far as North Wales, I can't tell. Last time I flew from C'fon, it was 100nm vis, CAVOK, and fabulous.

Is CAE back in operation, or is it still TST?

The Hangar Booking Site

I just set up a page for those who want to declare their intent - at http://www.thehangar.co.uk/flyin/main.php?find=70

WelshFlyer
26th Sep 2003, 01:54
Thanks for that Keef. Just confirmed; on the saturday night scocial, I have persueded a couple of my musician friends to come and play while we eat our "buffet" before the bash-proper.

In Altissimus
30th Sep 2003, 22:16
I'm feeling a bit lonely on the Hangar page at the moment :{

Anyone else really up for this?

knobbygb
30th Sep 2003, 22:33
Details added - problem is - I'm arriving by car! Still, I have 3 spare seats if anyone needs a lift from the Manchester/Liverpool/Chester/N.Wales coast sort of area.

dublinpilot
30th Sep 2003, 22:49
Haveing a meeting this evening with a fellow pilot. We are going to fly over from Dublin together, and possibly with two non-flying paxs as well.

Will complete details page, when we've firmed up our plan a bit!

dp

BRL
30th Sep 2003, 22:53
I might not be able to make this one now. The reason I was going up that way was to pick up a load of drum equipment but these will not be ready for a few weeks more now. :{ :{

I don't know what to do now as its a bit too far from down here on the coast. :(

FlyingForFun
1st Oct 2003, 00:18
I'm sure I'll be there. Not entirely sure how, I may not be navigating for Penguina after all, but I'm sure I'll be there.

FFF
------------

WelshFlyer
2nd Oct 2003, 19:54
Some news on landng fees;
£20 gets you unlimited landing fees, and buffet food as well.:) (Of course, you don't need to pay, but you'll have to pay landing fees as normal, and no food).

'Fraid my musician friends won't be able to come as well:(

rotorboater
3rd Oct 2003, 01:55
Sorry but I can't make it now, I have to go to the States on business:{

Shaggy Sheep Driver
3rd Oct 2003, 23:43
I'll have 'Scouse Chris' in the back seat, so do up your wheel nuts nice and tight. Mind you, his skills came in very handy at Wroughton a couple of years back. After we'd waited for ages on the 'wrong side' of the field in the vain hope that someone would find the keys to the fuel bowser, and it was looking like we'd spend the whole day there, it suddenly burst into life in a cloud of diesel smoke.

Guess who'd 'hot wired' it!

For next Sunday, no landing fees I take it, and I presume Avgas will be available (the perennial cry of the Chippy pilot on landing is "we need to taxy for fuel" - only 18 gallons capacity in the old bird).

SSD

WelshFlyer
3rd Oct 2003, 23:56
Yep AVGAS JET-A1 and PILOTGAS (Beer) will all be available!

Are you comng on the saturday or sunday?

WF.

Saab Dastard
7th Oct 2003, 22:30
Current plan is to come up from Fairoaks in a Cherokee with FFF and possibly one other.

WX and aircraft permitting.

Nothing known to affect at this stage - crossed fingers touching wood!

ETA 15:00 Z

SD

Shaggy Sheep Driver
8th Oct 2003, 04:08
Yep AVGAS JET-A1 and PILOTGAS (Beer) will all be available! Are you comng on the saturday or sunday?

Sunday, so won't be able to participate in nosh or 'pilotgas'.

For us one-landing-no-food guys, is there a landing fee?

SSD

WelshFlyer
8th Oct 2003, 04:56
Don't know about that, I think Mr.Steptoe charges £10 per landing, but I'm not sure, could be £5.

We will have food on the sunday as well as on the saturday.

See you there!

WF.

In Altissimus
8th Oct 2003, 16:36
If anyone needs a lift from Stapleford, or points en-route then let me know.

NB. I'm going up on Saturday and returning Sunday.

Shaggy Sheep Driver
9th Oct 2003, 00:31
We will have food on the sunday as well as on the saturday.

Excellent! Fingers crossed for good weather.

SSD

Penguinetta
9th Oct 2003, 20:10
I will now be coming alone :{ in a C152, ETA roughly the same as Saab Dastard with a bit of luck.

One question which might be a bit daft, but I'm new to this game still: it says everywhere to call Valley Radar as you approach from South/South East, but according to my Pooleys they close for the weekend. Any helpful advice on local frequencies before we reach C'fon Radio territory (other than London Info)?

See you Sat. - I hope!

dublinpilot
9th Oct 2003, 20:46
Unfortunately, we have a difficulty with the aircraft, and now won't be able to make it. :{ :{ :{ :{

Well...hopefully there will be another over this side, soon :(
I was really looking forward to this :sad:

dp

WelshFlyer
10th Oct 2003, 01:37
Try Llanbedr on 122.500Mhz. Are you flying up on airways? Caernarfon A/G is 122.250Mhz

WF.

Flyin'Dutch'
11th Oct 2003, 02:39
Hmm,

Not a lot of enthusiasm so far.

All Ws bar the weather sorted.

FD

LowNSlow
11th Oct 2003, 12:16
Good luck with the weather people, wish I could be flying to Caernarfon rather than spending 8 hours in a Land Cruiser en route to Astrakhan..............

Edited cos a Taffy couldn't spell Caernarfon :O

Flyin'Dutch'
11th Oct 2003, 15:15
Last W seems fine too.

See you there.

FD

Whirlybird
11th Oct 2003, 15:52
Sorry to be lazy, but I'm on my way out, and to save me reading the whole thread....

I have a trial lesson on Sunday at Hawarden at 11. After that I thought I was driving to London for a meeting (for the "other" job) but it's been cancelled. I could leave Hawarden at 12-ish (by car, no short notice helos at weekends), and be at Caernarfon...dunno...maybe 1-1.30 local. Will anyone still be around? What will be happening? Can I still get my Enstrom ride, roaterboater? ;) And can I find out if Flyin'Dutch and I argue (in a friendly fashion) as much in real life as on PPRuNe? :) :D :) :D

Please let me know at least some of the above.

WelshFlyer
11th Oct 2003, 16:10
Hi,

Yep, most people are Leaving on Sunday (I think) See you there!

WF.

PPRuNe Towers
11th Oct 2003, 19:43
Sadly can't meet up with you folks - would've love a run out in the new steed - a particularly nice Jodel D120.

I stuck here in a Hilton cruising PPRuNe and hoping you have a cracking good time.

Regards
Rob

Whirlybird
12th Oct 2003, 02:02
WelshFlyer,
Just checked and it's about 60 miles from Hawarden. Do you have a mobile number you could post or pm me, so that I can find out if everyone's still there and where you all are before I do the long drive along the A55.

Cusco
12th Oct 2003, 08:38
Ah well:

I had not added my name to the list of possible attendees as I have known for some time that our a/c was due for its 150 hour check this week.

If all had gone well the a/c would have been released today, but s*ds law has come into operation and dictates that we need a new nose wheel and axle and electric fuel pump.

So we're grounded.

Hope all goes well and you have an excellent fly-in:

Me-- well I'll probably drive to Duxford: Sally B flew over my house at sunset this evening, and even though Mrs Cusco thinks I'm gardening tomorrow, the sound of those Pratt & Whitneys means that I've just gotta be there.

Safe flying

Cusco.

WelshFlyer
12th Oct 2003, 16:38
well - things didn't work out so well for the fly-in - long story to do with weather. so as far as I know. We only have one chipmunk flying in today. yesterday, we only had 3 aircraft fly in, and only one of those could have stayed for the evening bash.

WF

Shaggy Sheep Driver
13th Oct 2003, 16:31
We were that Chippy. We braved very nasty turbulence in rotor downwind of Snowdonia, with cloud forming and dispersing in the rotor, some of it below which was a tad worry for us being in a VMC aeroplane.

There was a warm welcome from Welsh Flyer, and the museum was good. The lack of anyone else in the circuit allowed me to fly a continuous descending turn from close in downwind onto the numbers, which it's nice to be able to practice once in a while.

Where woz everyone else?

SSD

Wycombe
13th Oct 2003, 16:50
Sorry we (myself and Brooklands) didn't make it. Looked at the Wx Sat am and decided that the weather in that part of NW Wales wasn't forecast as suitable (pity as most of the rest of the UK was CAVOK.

Anyway, went to Headcorn and had a pleasant few hours there instead.

Whirlybird
13th Oct 2003, 17:03
I would have driven over on Sunday, but was far too late finishing at Hawarden. :{ Why does everything in aviation take so much longer than you believe is possible? Sorry you had so few people, WelshFlyer. That's the problem with North Wales - weather. :( Anyway, when we get the C150 back from her Star Annual, which is also taking longer than expected, maybe we can fly over from Sleap and meet you and have our own mini-flyin. :ok:

FlyingForFun
13th Oct 2003, 18:43
I deliberately didn't post my plans on this thread, because they were so volatile I lost count of the number of times they changed! At various points, I was considering getting a lift with Penguina, hiring a C172, hiring a Warrior, getting a lift with Saab, hiring an Arrow, and driving.

On the day of the fly-in, my latest plan was to fly in with Saab. Unfortunately, an early-morning check of the weather suggested that it would be beautiful over the whole country... except for Caernarfon. A flurry of phone-calls followed between myself, Saab, Penguina and Caernarfon airfield, and eventually the pilots for the day confirmed what I already expected - they weren't prepared to risk the weather (and the onset of a cold in Penguina's case helped the decision, too).

Thanks to WelshFlyer for doing his best to organise it. The fly-in season is drawing to a close now, but I'm sure there will be another one organised before too long ;)

FFF
------------

BlueRobin
13th Oct 2003, 21:42
Well flyindutch, his two mates and I went on Saturday in a N-reg PA32. Routed almost direct form Wellesbourne. This was over cloud.

Grand day, superb scenery if a slightly bleek airfield.

Lunch was in a town pub by the castle. Food was cheap, bitter acceptable We sat next to three popsies, English so presumably students from Bangor?

Conversation within our party was mainly conducted in Dutch - or so they told me!

Returned route was via N Welsh coast and Hawarden. This was definately VFR. Even the ballooning fraternity were aloft so it was quite calm.

Unfortunately we couldn't stay.

Grand day out. I also thought about moving to Liverpool nd getting a new job.

Welshflyer even wore his tres chic high viz vest!

http://62.232.75.236/shuttle/welshflyer.jpg

Circuit Basher
13th Oct 2003, 22:43
Hadn't mentioned any possibility of going, but might have considered it if the wx at Perth hadn't been so abysmal. I was at the airport for 3 hrs waiting for it to clear and in that time, there was just the one a/c movement (IFR to Belfast).

Thanks for the effort put in to orgainising it, Welsh Flyer - hopefully it will be a bit less painful next time ;)

[edited 'coz I can't tripe propperlee :)]

WelshFlyer
14th Oct 2003, 01:56
Bloody hi-viz vests!

Thanks for posting the photo BlueRobin!

I/We'd all want to thank everyone that did come and those that tried to come - what can I say? Some things (Like the weather) are uncontrollable, Hopefully It'll work out a little better next time.

Whirly, That sounds like a good idea, send me a private message, and we'll set something up.

Wf.

proplover
14th Oct 2003, 06:49
I to was stuck on the ground due to 12knots x-wind gusting to 20, outside the limits for my Chippy I'm afraid. :uhoh: Bit frustrating as I live in North Wales so its proberbly the only chance I'll get now of a local pprune fly in!:ugh:
Is Caernarfon your local field WelshFlyer?

Whirlybird
14th Oct 2003, 16:00
Chipmunk2,
Where are you based? I fly from Hawarden and Sleap, and occasionally Welshpool. You can't be that far away. Looks like there are enough of us in this area to try a local PPRuNe fly-in if we get some nice high pressure days in the winter, even if we arrange it at short notice.

WelshFlyer
14th Oct 2003, 19:44
Yep, Caernarfon is my local airfield. But normally I go a little further affield to Mona, as flying their C150 is not as expensive as the aircraft at Caernarfon, but I have started flying the Caernarfon PA28s.

I think that that's a good idea - a spur of the moment fly-in, if we had some good weather on one of the winter weekends, we should be able to do it:)

WF.

In Altissimus
14th Oct 2003, 20:11
Welshflyer et al.,

I don't really understand why so many cried off on Saturday - we were definitely legal VFR all the way from Stapleford. Even got a touch of sunburn during lunch at Shobdon (free landings...), then across to the west coast, piccies of Harlech castle, and through that convenient valley just south-west of Caernarfon.

We had planned to stay for a couple of hours and then get a lift up to Ynys Mon to see family and friends. Unfortunately when we arrived there was no-one there except your good self. We decided to pop over to Mona - a ten minute flight which saved us 45 minutes driving (each way).

As usual we were made very welcome at 'Mona International':D

Sunday, we left just before lunch to head for Sleap. We immediately ran into the worst turbulence I have ever encountered in a light aircraft. I have to say I was struggling to keep calm. I hope my poor passenger hasn't been put off by the experience. Anyway, we arrived at a blustery Sleap - where I was a bit chuffed to hear they had stopped student flights due to the crosswind. Nearly all of my initial training was with crosswind so I had hardly registered it. Passenger said it was 'interesting landing sideways' :rolleyes:

Still a bit choppy as we left Sleap - so we climbed to 5000' or so and followed the Severn down to Malvern, then OX, BNN and home - very tired.

So, sorry the fly-in didn't work out - but if you try again, I'll do my best to attend.

p.s. I nearly fell in lust with that Long-Eze that came in after us. (Now I see it's for sale... must be sensible...)

Penguina
14th Oct 2003, 20:25
Just to confirm what FFF said in his post - did my level best to make it, but if my cold had not occurred, the weather still would have done!

We were all very gutted here in L. Tahn, but having researched the place a bit, very much hope there will be another opportunity to pay a visit before too long!

Pen

Shaggy Sheep Driver
14th Oct 2003, 20:36
Sunday, we left just before lunch to head for Sleap. We immediately ran into the worst turbulence I have ever encountered in a light aircraft. I have to say I was struggling to keep calm.

Yes, it was probably the worst I've encountered for quite a while. It makes you realise how insignifcant a small aeroplane is when it is being shaken, pushed. twisted, and shoved up down and sideways by those massive and violent forces. I found my usual 'tip of thumb and forefinger' on the stick had become a vice-like grip. Had to force myself to relax.

Thank heavens for good ailerons and a tight 4-point harness!

Very unpleasant.

SSD

proplover
16th Oct 2003, 05:49
Whirlybird
Fly out of a private site nr Prestatyn in North Wales. Frequent Caernafon and Sleap quiet often (sometimes at Sleap with a more exotic piece of machinery) for food & fuel. Are you learning to fly fixed wing or do you helicopter in to Hawarden and Sleap?
I learnt at Hawarden - fond memories!:sad: :oh: :{:O :rolleyes: :ok:

I wouldn't mind having a go at a short notice fly-in either at Caernarfon or Sleap - equal distance for me. :ok:

Whirlybird
16th Oct 2003, 14:52
Chipmunk2,

I instruct part time on helicopters at Hawarden. I have a PPL(A) from way back, and I recently acquired a share in a C150 which is based at Sleap - or will be if we ever get it back from its star annual! :{ If you're ever at Sleap, have a look for G-ATKF, and a smallish woman with short dark hair, and come and say hi.

Flyin'Dutch'
16th Oct 2003, 23:46
WF,

Bit belated but thanks for the effort and I am sorry that not more folks managed to come over.

We certainly enjoyed the trip over and the hospitality. The journey back was uneventful.

The weather was not bad but for those that are strictly VMC the prospect of encountering the soft fluffy stuff and the cumulus granitus is less than inviting. Equally not having 'official weather' and a diversion nearby with Valley closed over the weekends makes going a bit more of a serious decision than just 'going to have a look'

Hope you did not lose out financially.

Look forward to the next getogether, have to say that Sleap was looking rather inviting, basking in the lovely autumn sun. What is the food like @ Sleap?

FD

Shaggy Sheep Driver
17th Oct 2003, 00:19
What is the food like @ Sleap?

It's good, but it's not for those trying to keep the weight and balance in order. I daren't go there :(

SSD

Keef
20th Oct 2003, 06:12
Spring fly-in at Sleap, then?

Shaggy Sheep Driver
20th Oct 2003, 16:24
I'll vote for that. I'll just have to stay off the triple-deck bacon sarnies they serve there........

SSD

Whirlybird
20th Oct 2003, 16:38
Excellent idea.:ok: I'm sort of based there, so could probably do any organising etc that needs doing.

Holdposition
20th Oct 2003, 17:03
Pity the fly in wasn't a week later as I flew into EGCK yesterday, made very welcome and the food laid on by Ruth was just about perfect. A very big thankyou to all who made the trip more then worthwhile for the ex RAF old boy I took along, swear I saw tears in his eyes! The 040/22GS27 knts made the t/o on 02 interesting and did anyone else hit the bad weather around Seaforth later in the day, I now know at least one person did as we saw you but not sure if you caught us;) A big thanks to EGNH radar for assistance there, cheers