Airlines, Airports & Routes Topics about airports, routes and airline business.

Isle of Man-2

Old 27th Jun 2020, 12:08
  #441 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: IOM
Posts: 839
Originally Posted by Rutan16 View Post
It not completely bonkers Manchester used to have quite a bit of transit traffic between the bailiwicks and mśn (vannin)
Maybe back in the pre-COVID world and some time before it. None of the financial guys will permit business travel in the next 6-12 months.
JSCL is online now  
Old 27th Jun 2020, 12:49
  #442 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: London
Posts: 292
Originally Posted by JSCL View Post
Maybe back in the pre-COVID world and some time before it. None of the financial guys will permit business travel in the next 6-12 months.
The death of business travel is far too over stated. Iíve still been commuting weekly within Europe and flights are busy. Business class has been completely full on my four flights a week and even in Economy most of the passengers seem to be more businessmen than anything else (assuming as they are smartly dressed and working on laptops). Also quite a few of us were exempt from the quarantine regulations so they must be on some kind of business travel.
BA318 is online now  
Old 27th Jun 2020, 12:52
  #443 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: IOM
Posts: 839
Originally Posted by BA318 View Post
The death of business travel is far too over stated. Iíve still been commuting weekly within Europe and flights are busy. Business class has been completely full on my four flights a week and even in Economy most of the passengers seem to be more businessmen than anything else (assuming as they are smartly dressed and working on laptops). Also quite a few of us were exempt from the quarantine regulations so they must be on some kind of business travel.
Maybe for the UK. But Island-wide in the IOM, there seems to be widespread clamping down on business travel. Slightly different in that any neccessary travel has to happen by air - being an Island and all - but all of the banks have shred business travel for the next 12 months here.
JSCL is online now  
Old 27th Jun 2020, 15:23
  #444 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Isle of Man
Posts: 115
Great to see the effort the IOM and GCI Governments have put in to get the 'air bridge' established, given that both islands have has no further COVID-19 cases for sometime now, with local elimination all but confirmed. For people wanting a few days off each island, after climbing the walls for the last few months, this is a great idea to get some money in some tills at either end of the bridge. Local sports teams are up for some fixtures etc. All of this with no 14 day isolation on return, which is the big plus. With locals soon to be given the opportunity to travel in 'level 4' of the governments plan, albeit with a 14 day isolation on return, hopefully the uptake to GCI will be good. Local travel agents are selling packages. Good luck to all, let's give it a chance. Nothing to do with banks etc, it's about giving each island the chance to enjoy what ever is going to be left of the summer, with limited risk to residents.
EMX81L is offline  
Old 27th Jun 2020, 17:41
  #445 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Isle of Man
Posts: 373
Originally Posted by EMX81L View Post
Great to see the effort the IOM and GCI Governments have put in to get the 'air bridge' established, given that both islands have has no further COVID-19 cases for sometime now, with local elimination all but confirmed. For people wanting a few days off each island, after climbing the walls for the last few months, this is a great idea to get some money in some tills at either end of the bridge. Local sports teams are up for some fixtures etc. All of this with no 14 day isolation on return, which is the big plus. With locals soon to be given the opportunity to travel in 'level 4' of the governments plan, albeit with a 14 day isolation on return, hopefully the uptake to GCI will be good. Local travel agents are selling packages. Good luck to all, let's give it a chance. Nothing to do with banks etc, it's about giving each island the chance to enjoy what ever is going to be left of the summer, with limited risk to residents.
You are spot-on with the thinking and rationale behind this effort, where as earlier posters have, with respect, rather missed the point. There may be a few business travelers, but the main target is short break leisure, for a six week period. We are talking around 1400 seats being offered, in each direction, over that planned six week window, with a target market of approx. 85,000 at each end. As I write this, travel bookings in the UK have gone through the roof today. People in the IOM and Guernsey will be looking for a break too, but, as things stand passing through the UK will bring challenges. Hotels at both ends are offering very good deals into their 'staycation' markets, as they are desperate for heads on beds. If the fares are right, this should do OK.
Tonyq is offline  
Old 28th Jun 2020, 11:09
  #446 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: IoM & Luton
Age: 56
Posts: 1,879
Try booking, go to Visitiom.com or the equlivent visit Guernsey or a travel agent or even airline web site, nothing!
pabely is offline  
Old 28th Jun 2020, 12:23
  #447 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: IOM
Posts: 839
Originally Posted by pabely View Post
Try booking, go to Visitiom.com or the equlivent visit Guernsey or a travel agent or even airline web site, nothing!
Won't be on sale till at least Tues/Weds as I understand.

Edit: Looks like 'registration' from tomorrow https://www.manxradio.com/news/isle-...from-tomorrow/
JSCL is online now  

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.