Airlines, Airports & Routes Topics about airports, routes and airline business.

Edinburgh-3

Old 3rd Jul 2020, 21:32
  #1961 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Scotland
Posts: 1,863
Originally Posted by A350Saltire View Post
What a ridiculous couple of posts. It is very interesting to see which routes are resuming given the unprecedented shut down. Stick to the Glasgow thread if it annoys you.
It doesnt annoy me, but maybe it can be done on a weekly basis?
GrahamK is online now  
Old 3rd Jul 2020, 22:04
  #1962 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Saltash
Posts: 127
Originally Posted by GrahamK View Post
It doesnt annoy me, but maybe it can be done on a weekly basis?
Why? With the fluidity of whats happening to aviation at the moment surely any news good or bad, big or trivial still deserves posting?
It does'nt take a millisecond to scroll past peoples posts if it's not to your liking.

Regards 4ea
4eyed anorak is offline  
Old 4th Jul 2020, 09:41
  #1963 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Edinburgh
Age: 35
Posts: 603
Originally Posted by GrahamK View Post
It doesnt annoy me, but maybe it can be done on a weekly basis?
What else do you expect people to post about in the Edinburgh thread other than the routes that are operating from Edinburgh?

What are you hoping to see when you open this thread, exactly?
edi_local is online now  
Old 5th Jul 2020, 10:01
  #1964 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Oban, Scotland
Posts: 1,457
Eurowings seem to have abandoned CGN flights for the moment.
inOban is offline  
Old 5th Jul 2020, 11:20
  #1965 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: London, UK
Posts: 432
I asked before but can anyone here who actually works at EDI give some insight as to what sort of loads the various resumed services are achieving? I am genuinely fascinated to know.
willy wombat is online now  
Old 5th Jul 2020, 12:52
  #1966 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: London
Posts: 212
I canít help but think Scotland and Wales are having a political peeing contest just to show who is in charge. With open borders in both and English airports on the borders it is non sensical to vary policy.

imo at times of national crisis and whilst they remain part of the UK,Westminster should have primacy to avoid all this confusion.

there are so many travel & aviation jobs at stake, now is not the time for needless and as I say, in practice ineffective political point scoring.

its a bit like having a customs allowance between England/Scotland and Wales - totally unenforceable and pointless without a hard border.
TOM100 is online now  
Old 5th Jul 2020, 13:40
  #1967 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: EGPH
Posts: 316
I had a relative on Saturday's CGN-EDI. She estimated 25 pax.
C172Navigator is offline  
Old 5th Jul 2020, 18:42
  #1968 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Edinburgh
Posts: 541
Originally Posted by willy wombat View Post
I asked before but can anyone here who actually works at EDI give some insight as to what sort of loads the various resumed services are achieving? I am genuinely fascinated to know.
In general, inbound demand very poor, outbound demand higher, particularly to Eastern Europe/Spain. I expect inbound loads will pick up with time as no doubt the majority of those outbound pax on recently restarted routes will be looking to return...
GoEDI is offline  
Old 5th Jul 2020, 19:40
  #1969 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Edinburgh
Age: 61
Posts: 218
Originally Posted by TOM100 View Post
I can’t help but think Scotland and Wales are having a political peeing contest just to show who is in charge. With open borders in both and English airports on the borders it is non sensical to vary policy.

imo at times of national crisis and whilst they remain part of the UK,Westminster should have primacy to avoid all this confusion.

there are so many travel & aviation jobs at stake, now is not the time for needless and as I say, in practice ineffective political point scoring.

its a bit like having a customs allowance between England/Scotland and Wales - totally unenforceable and pointless without a hard border.
We no longer have a United Kingdom, I live in Scotland and can see why Nicola Sturgeon is doing some of the things to safegueard her people and country. What I do think though is, she is just copying England by doing it a few weeks later. I just wonder what happens if people like me, fly abroad from Manchester rather than Edinburgh or Glasgow (alot cheaper). Who or how would Scotland police that under current conditions ? There is very little unity between the UK nations, just hope its not about political point scoring ? This is affecting peoples jobs, lives, income and all aspects of daily life and needs some form of Unity.
helipixman is offline  
Old 12th Jul 2020, 13:51
  #1970 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Oban, Scotland
Posts: 1,457
I see that the Qatar flights are suspended until the end of next week. Is this because of quarantine regulations?
inOban is offline  
Old 12th Jul 2020, 15:29
  #1971 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: London
Posts: 277
The new landing forms require an address and mobile telephone number for tracing purposes, Combine this with long standing load information that is passed to the UK Border Forces and intelligence services before your flight even lands in the UK mean the authorities know where you are !

The Scottish Police and Public Health Authorities should be able to access this information on public safety grounds.

The seconds part of the above statement is why checking grannies passport on entry is primarily for theatrical purposes !
Rutan16 is offline  
Old 12th Jul 2020, 16:29
  #1972 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: edinburgh
Age: 53
Posts: 41
Originally Posted by willy wombat View Post
I asked before but can anyone here who actually works at EDI give some insight as to what sort of loads the various resumed services are achieving? I am genuinely fascinated to know.
Flew to Warsaw on 09th Jul A321 almost full with 2 empty seats.

Not bad given there was Ryanair flight to Warsaw Modlin about 20 Mon later.

Someone posted on Norwegian thread that they no resuming flights to Sept.

However 2 DY flights today Oslo and Copenhagen.

Turkish restarts this week with A321
tictack67 is online now  
Old 12th Jul 2020, 16:38
  #1973 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: edinburgh
Age: 53
Posts: 41
Originally Posted by helipixman View Post
We no longer have a United Kingdom, I live in Scotland and can see why Nicola Sturgeon is doing some of the things to safegueard her people and country. What I do think though is, she is just copying England by doing it a few weeks later. I just wonder what happens if people like me, fly abroad from Manchester rather than Edinburgh or Glasgow (alot cheaper). Who or how would Scotland police that under current conditions ? There is very little unity between the UK nations, just hope its not about political point scoring ? This is affecting peoples jobs, lives, income and all aspects of daily life and needs some form of Unity.
The rate is still high in England, (about 140 a day) taking pro rata of population Scotland weswe would expects Scotland to have over 100 deaths last week, I think the figure was under 10.

I don't think she is political point scoring, but Johnson is the only one of the not doing daily breifngs or releasing figures
tictack67 is online now  
Old 12th Jul 2020, 16:51
  #1974 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: U.K
Posts: 568
Originally Posted by tictack67 View Post

I don't think she is political point scoring
Her whole modus operandi is to political point score over West Minster, it's all she ever does. Personally, I would be wary of any polititian who seeks to criticise those of another jurisdiction.
The96er is offline  
Old 12th Jul 2020, 17:33
  #1975 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: uk
Posts: 494
Nicola Sturgeon is indeed point scoring. Friend came in from BCN yesterday, only one hand wash in the whole terminal. Immigration indifferent but very impressed that she had filled in the form. The political rhetoric versus reality big chasm of course. But visibly gloating over England cheers the sheep up.
olster is offline  
Old 12th Jul 2020, 17:36
  #1976 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: uk
Posts: 494
And another thing... Ryanair / Jet2 / TUI ops to Spain royally done in by Scottish politics. Catalonia anyone? Never mind the economy or local jobs when 6/10000 currently have this bug.
olster is offline  
Old 12th Jul 2020, 17:46
  #1977 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Oban, Scotland
Posts: 1,457
Since immigration is entirely the responsibility of Westminster, it's they who should be criticised for the lazy attitude you report. And complain to the airport if cleaning facilities are not available or even apparent.
The people of Scotland have done wonders in bringing down the infection rate so rapidly. It's hardly surprising that they want to keep it that way.
inOban is offline  
Old 12th Jul 2020, 17:49
  #1978 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: edinburgh
Age: 53
Posts: 41
Originally Posted by olster View Post
And another thing... Ryanair / Jet2 / TUI ops to Spain royally done in by Scottish politics. Catalonia anyone? Never mind the economy or local jobs when 6/10000 currently have this bug.

Sad you feel this way, the virus continues to be a problem

The USA had 31,824 new cases yesterday.
The UK 650 new cases

Source https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/#countries

Spain has not said how many new cases they have had but Catalonia new cases are increasing rapidly.

Source https://www.catalannews.com/society-science/item/coronavirus-in-catalonia-daily-figures-explained-in-graphs

tictack67 is online now  
Old 12th Jul 2020, 18:25
  #1979 (permalink)  
Fit like min?
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: ...
Posts: 2,063
Originally Posted by olster View Post
Nicola Sturgeon is indeed point scoring. Friend came in from BCN yesterday, only one hand wash in the whole terminal. Immigration indifferent but very impressed that she had filled in the form. The political rhetoric versus reality big chasm of course. But visibly gloating over England cheers the sheep up.
What a load of utter tosh and typical of far too many on the likes of here.
Richard Taylor is online now  
Old 12th Jul 2020, 19:12
  #1980 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: London
Posts: 508
Originally Posted by Richard Taylor View Post
What a load of utter tosh and typical of far too many on the likes of here.
Indeed. I cringe at Boris’s rambling briefings but don’t want to take this further off topic.
SealinkBF is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.