PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Edinburgh-3
Thread: Edinburgh-3
View Single Post
Old 5th Jul 2020, 19:40
helipixman

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by TOM100
I can’t help but think Scotland and Wales are having a political peeing contest just to show who is in charge. With open borders in both and English airports on the borders it is non sensical to vary policy.

imo at times of national crisis and whilst they remain part of the UK,Westminster should have primacy to avoid all this confusion.

there are so many travel & aviation jobs at stake, now is not the time for needless and as I say, in practice ineffective political point scoring.

its a bit like having a customs allowance between England/Scotland and Wales - totally unenforceable and pointless without a hard border.
We no longer have a United Kingdom, I live in Scotland and can see why Nicola Sturgeon is doing some of the things to safegueard her people and country. What I do think though is, she is just copying England by doing it a few weeks later. I just wonder what happens if people like me, fly abroad from Manchester rather than Edinburgh or Glasgow (alot cheaper). Who or how would Scotland police that under current conditions ? There is very little unity between the UK nations, just hope its not about political point scoring ? This is affecting peoples jobs, lives, income and all aspects of daily life and needs some form of Unity.