Airlines, Airports & Routes Topics about airports, routes and airline business.

Edinburgh-3

Old 13th Nov 2019, 08:52
  #1501 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: London
Posts: 508
Originally Posted by Plane mad 134 View Post
Flybe add new EDI-SEN 3x daily from 15th June 2020 all on EDI based planes. Great news!
Loganair missed a trick there....
SealinkBF is online now  
Old 13th Nov 2019, 09:05
  #1502 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: earth
Posts: 763
Originally Posted by BOHEuropean View Post
Some flights are already bookable on 3rd party websites such as Skyscanner
if you cant enter your preferred date on the flybe website, just enter then end of march and scroll forward through the dates on the flybe website
lfc84 is offline  
Old 13th Nov 2019, 12:40
  #1503 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: United kingdom
Posts: 290
Flybe S20 now out notable changes are:
∑ New 18x weekly Southend flights on Dash8 Q400
∑ Heathrow decreases to 5x daily from 6x daily
∑ London City will see leased E190 service on peak flights
∑ Belfast City sees better timings
∑ Birmingham sees more E175 service and better timings
∑ Southampton increases to 5x daily with a new morning service

Link: https://www.flybe.com/media/news/191...n=default_post
Plane mad 134 is offline  
Old 14th Nov 2019, 15:27
  #1504 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: United kingdom
Posts: 290
Aegean will increase EDI-ATH from 2x to 3x weekly eff 24th June 2020.

Last edited by Plane mad 134; 14th Nov 2019 at 20:23.
Plane mad 134 is offline  
Old 23rd Nov 2019, 09:08
  #1505 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: United kingdom
Posts: 290
Does anyone have the S20 initial coordination report for EDI? As I it doesn't get posted and you have to request it, So was just wondering if anyone has it?
Plane mad 134 is offline  
Old 23rd Nov 2019, 22:28
  #1506 (permalink)  
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: UK
Age: 50
Posts: 1,072
Given QR DOH CWL loads barely into 60's presumably EDI after many years ops now up into the 80's ? Still a lot of empty seats (even if J busier)
VickersVicount is offline  
Old 23rd Nov 2019, 22:32
  #1507 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: LV
Posts: 1,832
Originally Posted by VickersVicount View Post
Given QR DOH CWL loads barely into 60's
EDI is consistently no better I don't think.
Would be fascinating to see how other QR routes do across the globe.
CabinCrewe is offline  
Old 24th Nov 2019, 00:18
  #1508 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Edinburgh
Posts: 541
Originally Posted by VickersVicount View Post
Given QR DOH CWL loads barely into 60's presumably EDI after many years ops now up into the 80's ? Still a lot of empty seats (even if J busier)
Given you bring this up on a regular basis I think you already know the answer... I think we have all learnt by now that, outside of peak travel times, loads on QR's UK regional routes are not the highest... The 12 month rolling avg is currently 70% at EDI. Not sure how that compares to other UK regional routes, but capacities all vary anyway...

Loads for Oct appear to be BHX 71%/MAN 65%/EDI 63%/CWL 50%

The LFs say nothing about yield and how profitable the route may, or may not, be...nor how valuable it is to QR's overall hub operation in terms of adding volume.

EDI has gone from B788->A359->up to 10x weekly A359 in a relatively short space of time. Growth is still good, as long as the route keeps growing into it's recently added capacity over the next year or two, that's the important thing.
GoEDI is offline  
Old 24th Nov 2019, 08:43
  #1509 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Edinburgh
Posts: 285
Originally Posted by GoEDI View Post
Given you bring this up on a regular basis I think you already know the answer... I think we have all learnt by now that, outside of peak travel times, loads on QR's UK regional routes are not the highest... The 12 month rolling avg is currently 70% at EDI. Not sure how that compares to other UK regional routes, but capacities all vary anyway...

Loads for Oct appear to be BHX 71%/MAN 65%/EDI 63%/CWL 50%

The LFs say nothing about yield and how profitable the route may, or may not, be...nor how valuable it is to QR's overall hub operation in terms of adding volume.

EDI has gone from B788->A359->up to 10x weekly A359 in a relatively short space of time. Growth is still good, as long as the route keeps growing into it's recently added capacity over the next year or two, that's the important thing.
QR still growing whilst also competing with EK now at EDI who had an 80% LF in October.
A350Saltire is offline  
Old 24th Nov 2019, 22:23
  #1510 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Oban, Scotland
Posts: 1,479
QR must surely be gaining business pax from their membership of OneWorld, with frequent flyers collecting Airmiles.
inOban is offline  
Old 25th Nov 2019, 16:01
  #1511 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Earth
Posts: 45
A consultation site has been launched with images of the preferred road alignment:

https://www.edinburgh-airport-easter...ss-road.co.uk/

Breathe is offline  
Old 25th Nov 2019, 16:06
  #1512 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Earth
Posts: 45
Missed this from earlier in the month. I didn't realise the bus route was doing that well.

‘Game-changing’ fleet of coaches to boost Glasgow link to Edinburgh Airport

https://www.scotsman.com/news/transp...port-1-5041832
Breathe is offline  
Old 25th Nov 2019, 16:12
  #1513 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: United kingdom
Posts: 290
Originally Posted by Breathe View Post
A consultation site has been launched with images of the preferred road alignment:

https://www.edinburgh-airport-easter...ss-road.co.uk/

Very interesting, there is what looks to be a proposed new terminal area as well.
Plane mad 134 is offline  
Old 25th Nov 2019, 21:08
  #1514 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Falkirk
Posts: 154
Originally Posted by Plane mad 134 View Post
Very interesting, there is what looks to be a proposed new terminal area as well.
Intriguing why they are using outdated plans and aerial images that donít show the newly built terminal extension. Think the outline plans for a south pier extension have been around for a while but donít see that happening any time soon. I thought a extra pier on the new extension towards the old runway was more likely if at all. Not much insensitive to expand if no foreseen growth in passengers or flights. Much talked about increased capacity for NAM flights with WB aircraft so far has not materialised for example.

Disappointing that they designers are actively avoiding a duel carriageway, but then again this might clever move to help get it through planning as it would potentially meet less resistance.
Sk1schoolsam is offline  
Old 26th Nov 2019, 08:40
  #1515 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: SW Scotland
Age: 37
Posts: 302
The proposed road, and the new stands recently constructed, all seem a little short sighted to me - they are cutting off a lot of land. Would they not be better routing the road along the current perimeter fence, then at least they can use the old runway as a taxiway, and use the land over the far side for aviation related services (remote stands / hangers etc?)

They're not leaving themselves much land for expansion in the future.
nighthawk117 is offline  
Old 26th Nov 2019, 12:37
  #1516 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Second star to the right, and straight on 'til morning
Age: 59
Posts: 504
Originally Posted by nighthawk117 View Post
The proposed road, and the new stands recently constructed, all seem a little short sighted to me - they are cutting off a lot of land. Would they not be better routing the road along the current perimeter fence, then at least they can use the old runway as a taxiway, and use the land over the far side for aviation related services (remote stands / hangers etc?)

They're not leaving themselves much land for expansion in the future.
I agree. It appears this road alignment is designed to maximise space for ancillary and non-aviation use. It seems very short sighted.
Porrohman is offline  
Old 27th Nov 2019, 13:37
  #1517 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: London
Age: 39
Posts: 577
Originally Posted by Plane mad 134 View Post
Ok I know now Hainan have permanently culled the route, They have retained the slots for Dublin but cancelled EDI by the looks of it, Also take this as you want but Icelandair and WestJet are both looking at starting EDI to Reykjavik and Toronto respectively. And before anyone says stop rumour stirring I have an anonymous source,
WestJet and Icelandair will have been looking at doing that for years, the market is reviewed annually, but it doesn't mean they're launching EDI. It would be news if they *weren't* looking at it. WestJet is going to be constrained by a lack of B737s as there's a chance they will be MAX-less going into the summer. EDI-YYZ has always been an odd one, Worldways made it work then Transat but it just died out and Rouge still split Scottish ops with GLA 3 days a week and EDI on the other 4.

Last edited by Skipness One Foxtrot; 27th Nov 2019 at 13:54.
Skipness One Foxtrot is online now  
Old 27th Nov 2019, 15:50
  #1518 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: Scotland
Posts: 49
With all due respect, it's still a rumour until there is actual confirmation.
ld0595 is offline  
Old 27th Nov 2019, 17:41
  #1519 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Oct 2019
Location: Republic of Scotland
Posts: 19
Originally Posted by Skipness One Foxtrot View Post
WestJet and Icelandair will have been looking at doing that for years, the market is reviewed annually, but it doesn't mean they're launching EDI. It would be news if they *weren't* looking at it. WestJet is going to be constrained by a lack of B737s as there's a chance they will be MAX-less going into the summer. EDI-YYZ has always been an odd one, Worldways made it work then Transat but it just died out and Rouge still split Scottish ops with GLA 3 days a week and EDI on the other 4.
Exactly correct. I've pointed this out before to PlaneMad. This is just more fantasy made up on the spot rumours from the EDI fantasist.

PlaneMad has an obsession with posting made up rumours about Icelandair and WestJet adding EDI. He's made the same post many times over the last couple of years. Never has there been any substance to it, nor has it ever came from a reliable poster. I can only presume that this posters obsession with these two airlines comes from the fact that the airlines already serve GLA and not is his favourite local airport.

Textbook Fanboyism.
FlyingScotland is offline  
Old 27th Nov 2019, 21:53
  #1520 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jan 2000
Location: UK
Posts: 1,228
To be fair - a tendency which doesn't come readily to me - both WestJet and Icelandair have applied for slots at EDI for Summer 2020. They both have done so on previous occasions and have not launched services, and there is nothing to suggest that this time will be any different. However, an application for slots by the carriers does at least indicate *some* passing interest in serving the EDI market.
Flightrider is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.