Airlines, Airports & Routes Topics about airports, routes and airline business.

Loganair-2

Old 21st Aug 2019, 19:10
  #721 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Aug 2019
Location: Glasgow
Posts: 10
The Carlisle services were never on sale for Saturdays beyond mid September - it was always a planned seasonal service reduction.

The Southend changes are apparently to improve the evening schedules. Stornoway is still there from Stornoway to London every day, and from London to Stornoway on Sundays only with connections via Glasgow on other days.
Saabdriver1 is offline  
Old 21st Aug 2019, 21:45
  #722 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: scotland
Posts: 712
Originally Posted by Saabdriver1 View Post
The Carlisle services were never on sale for Saturdays beyond mid September - it was always a planned seasonal service reduction.

The Southend changes are apparently to improve the evening schedules. Stornoway is still there from Stornoway to London every day, and from London to Stornoway on Sundays only with connections via Glasgow on other days.
Based on the website and someone I know who was booked on it the SYY to SEN is no longer direct. All the flights bookable now have an aircraft change in Glasgow. LM425 is a terminates in GLA and you connect to the GLA-SEN.

The benefit of a one stop service to those on Lewis is now gone, as you’d be better to use the LM/BA connection in GLA to LHR, as you will leave SYY at the same time and land into LHR 45 mins, 30 mins later and you an be in central London.
goldeneye is offline  
Old 21st Aug 2019, 21:50
  #723 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Aug 2019
Location: Glasgow
Posts: 10
Sorry, I got it the wrong way around. SYY-SEN has the one remaining flight on Sundays. SEN-SYY has the daily flight still through-running.
Saabdriver1 is offline  
Old 22nd Aug 2019, 21:02
  #724 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Derry
Age: 47
Posts: 221

"Prince William, Kate Middleton and their children are seen getting off a £73 budget flight to Scotland"

If this was an Embraer as the article says I wonder was this one of Loganairs E145 as they have been doing some flights for Flybe recently?

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-Scotland.html
scodaman is offline  
Old 22nd Aug 2019, 21:50
  #725 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: London
Posts: 192
Originally Posted by scodaman View Post

"Prince William, Kate Middleton and their children are seen getting off a £73 budget flight to Scotland"

If this was an Embraer as the article says I wonder was this one of Loganairs E145 as they have been doing some flights for Flybe recently?

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-Scotland.html
I saw a quote earlier saying a Flybe flight operated by Eastern.
BA318 is offline  
Old 22nd Aug 2019, 22:37
  #726 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: Londonderry
Posts: 333
Originally Posted by BA318 View Post


I saw a quote earlier saying a Flybe flight operated by Eastern.
However, Eastern lease an ERJ from LM to operate ABZ-NWI.
Fly757X is online now  
Old 23rd Aug 2019, 17:44
  #727 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Derry
Age: 47
Posts: 221
Announced today that Loganair have been officially awarded the Derry - London PSO route for next few years and are scrapping the Derry to Stansted route and are instead flying Derry to Southend.

Anyone any idea of the dates on when this will happen?

Edit - according to this article below it is the 27 October. However, Loganair still selling Derry - Stansted flights for after that date.

https://www.derryjournal.com/news/tr...hend-1-9046184
scodaman is offline  
Old 23rd Aug 2019, 20:42
  #728 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Dorchester
Posts: 71
Originally Posted by scodaman View Post

"Prince William, Kate Middleton and their children are seen getting off a £73 budget flight to Scotland"

If this was an Embraer as the article says I wonder was this one of Loganairs E145 as they have been doing some flights for Flybe recently?
A quick check on Flightradar via playback and it was a Loganair Embraer ERJ-145EU (G-SAJG), operating on behalf of Eastern, on behalf of Flybe





tibbs87 is offline  
Old 24th Aug 2019, 09:02
  #729 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Oban, Scotland
Posts: 1,160
inOban , 24th Aug 2019 10:00
According to the Scotsman this morning Flybe flew an empty plane from Humberside to Norwich for the flight so that the Royal party were in a Flybe-branded plane. The scheduled Loganair plane flew empty to Aberdeen to pick up the schedule. They suggest an extra 4tonnes of CO2...
inOban is online now  
Old 24th Aug 2019, 09:17
  #730 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: Wales
Posts: 812
Originally Posted by inOban View Post
inOban , 24th Aug 2019 10:00
According to the Scotsman this morning Flybe flew an empty plane from Humberside to Norwich for the flight so that the Royal party were in a Flybe-branded plane. The scheduled Loganair plane flew empty to Aberdeen to pick up the schedule. They suggest an extra 4tonnes of CO2...
Eastern Airways not Flybe.
PDXCWL45 is online now  
Old 24th Aug 2019, 10:00
  #731 (permalink)  
Fit like min?
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: ...
Posts: 2,037
That Loganair plane is definitely a P = positioning flight. Doesn't always apply these days with increasing alpha-numeric callsigns but that is definitely repositioning.
Richard Taylor is offline  
Old 27th Aug 2019, 05:36
  #732 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: EGPB/EGPD
Posts: 133
I notice that Loganair are now advertising for ATR pilots.

Info to in the advert states ATR’s to be introduced from September 2019.

Anyone seen a new Logan ATR?
shetlander is offline  
Old 27th Aug 2019, 08:07
  #733 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: Londonderry
Posts: 333
In other news, SAJG/I have emerged in a “Lite” Livery. I would presume SAJH will get this one eventually too as those are the 3 which were never painted whilst in the hands of BMI.

G-SAJG:
Fly757X is online now  
Old 27th Aug 2019, 16:46
  #734 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: London
Posts: 192
@SeanM1997 has posted on twitter quite a few Loganair reductions. I'm reposting here along with a link to his twitter.

Inverness to Dublin 7w -> 3w from 27th Oct
Aberdeen to Esbjerg 11w -> 6w from 27th Oct
Aberdeen to Bristol 12w -> 6w from 27th Oct
Glasgow to Donegal 5w -> 3w from 4th Nov
Glasgow to Dusseldorf 7w -> 6w -> 4w -> 3w reduction from 14th Oct to 2nd Dec
Glasgow to Derry 5w -> 4w from 30th Oct
BA318 is offline  
Old 27th Aug 2019, 16:54
  #735 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Aberdeen
Posts: 423
Can’t speak for the others but both the ABZ routes have always been 6x weekly so no changes at all with them..
CaptainDoony is offline  
Old 27th Aug 2019, 16:54
  #736 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: LV
Posts: 1,747
Most of those were planned winter reductions were they not?
CabinCrewe is offline  
Old 27th Aug 2019, 18:16
  #737 (permalink)  
Fit like min?
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: ...
Posts: 2,037
Anyone know how the battle of Esbjerg between LOG & DAT at Aberdeen is getting on?
Richard Taylor is offline  
Old 27th Aug 2019, 18:35
  #738 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: London
Posts: 192
Originally Posted by Richard Taylor View Post
Anyone know how the battle of Esbjerg between LOG & DAT at Aberdeen is getting on?
DAT is still scheduled at 5 weekly.
BA318 is offline  
Old 27th Aug 2019, 20:01
  #739 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: Londonderry
Posts: 333
Originally Posted by BA318 View Post
@SeanM1997 has posted on twitter quite a few Loganair reductions. I'm reposting here along with a link to his twitter.

Inverness to Dublin 7w -> 3w from 27th Oct
Aberdeen to Esbjerg 11w -> 6w from 27th Oct
Aberdeen to Bristol 12w -> 6w from 27th Oct
Glasgow to Donegal 5w -> 3w from 4th Nov
Glasgow to Dusseldorf 7w -> 6w -> 4w -> 3w reduction from 14th Oct to 2nd Dec
Glasgow to Derry 5w -> 4w from 30th Oct
Quite a pity those reductions. Glasgow-Derry was due for an increase to 6 weekly at a stage actually.

Last edited by Fly757X; 27th Aug 2019 at 20:22.
Fly757X is online now  
Old 27th Aug 2019, 20:02
  #740 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Aug 2019
Location: Glasgow
Posts: 10
He's pretty much wrong on all of it. ABZ-EBJ and ABZ-BRS have never been 11/12 per week and are keeping their current frequencies. The Irish routes are regular seasonal reductions for the winter and on DUS, it's the first winter so clearly playing it safe.

Don't know about DAT performance on EBJ but the LM service seems to hold up OK.
Saabdriver1 is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.