Airlines, Airports & Routes Topics about airports, routes and airline business.

Manchester-2

Old 26th Sep 2018, 18:06
  #2401 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: solihull West Midlands
Posts: 967
Originally Posted by GrahamK View Post
AF ops to MAN change to Joon from 31st March 2019
Wow never saw that coming !
nigel osborne is offline  
Old 26th Sep 2018, 19:06
  #2402 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Stafford
Posts: 417
I remember when BHX was rumoured to be switching to Transavia France it was argued MAN was far too important to the network to change from mainline! With EDI going to Hop! I wonder what will happen to BHX?
chinapattern is offline  
Old 26th Sep 2018, 19:49
  #2403 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: The foot of Mt. Belzoni.
Posts: 2,023
"AF ops to MAN change to Joon from 31st June 2019".

Please could you explain what this actually means?
ZOOKER is offline  
Old 26th Sep 2018, 20:15
  #2404 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: London
Posts: 191
JOON is The AirFrance union breaker operation, However all flights retain the same AF flight code and tickets are still sold with full connectivity beyond Paris.

All flights should be with the A320 with the same CY174 as mainline indeed they are the same aircraft that have regularly operated as mainline until recently.

As Joon aren’t getting any 319 or 318 capacity may actually increase with this move.

Its rather like Iberia Express being a virtual airline within an airline.

Quite a lot of the AirFrance European secondary routes not in the hands of Hop are likely to be transferred in the medium term it’s part of the plan to make AirFrance more profitable.

Rutan16 is online now  
Old 26th Sep 2018, 20:20
  #2405 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: London
Posts: 191
Originally Posted by chinapattern View Post
I remember when BHX was rumoured to be switching to Transavia France it was argued MAN was far too important to the network to change from mainline! With EDI going to Hop! I wonder what will happen to BHX?
Could very well follow with Joon in the not to distant future as more of the older A320s transfer .

Edinburgh gets both Hop branded aircraft and mainline but its remains sold as an AirFrance operation.



Rutan16 is online now  
Old 26th Sep 2018, 21:08
  #2406 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: solihull West Midlands
Posts: 967
Originally Posted by chinapattern View Post
I remember when BHX was rumoured to be switching to Transavia France it was argued MAN was far too important to the network to change from mainline! With EDI going to Hop! I wonder what will happen to BHX?
Possible BHX will go to Joon next too.Or more Fly Be ?

However AF don't have a low cost carrier such as Easy jet to compete against like Manchester has.

So also possible BHX will stay with mainline AF but only if it's profitable enough.
nigel osborne is offline  
Old 26th Sep 2018, 21:21
  #2407 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Location: EGCC
Age: 69
Posts: 890
Manchester Statistics - August 2018 (Part 1)

Destinations that are either new (no passengers since my records started in January 2005), or have not been served for a number of years - if the latter then the month and year of the last service is shown.

One new destination was served in August 2018

Dallas/Fort Worth - 131 scheduled passengers. Not bad since we don't have a flight to Dallas, and definitely not one that carries scheduled passengers.

Million passenger routes (Rolling annual figures)

Amsterdam - 1,029,831 passengers
Dubai - 1,021,921 passengers

Two domestic statistics are currently missing from the CAA report for August.

Belfast City, Inverness, Jersey are yet to provide figures

Total passengers for these routes in 2017 were 39,498.

Moving monthly and annual figures - based on CAA statistics/MAG statistics

Data at present is not available
Monthly passengers -
Annual Total -
Moving Annual Total -

Monthly Movements -
Annual Movements -
Moving Annual Movements -


Manchester Statistics - August 2018 (Part 2)

Top 25 destinations - by passenger numbers




CAA statistics for August 2018 are provisional


Manchester Statistics - August 2018 (Part 3)

Top 25 destinations with highest percentage increase.



CAA statistics for August are provisional.


Manchester Statistics - August 2018 (Part 4)

Figures for the European and long haul destinations that I consider to be the main points for our connecting traffic.




CAA statistics for August are provisional.


Manchester Statistics - August 2018 (Part 5)

Comparison of top 25 destinations - August 2008 versus August 2018




CAA statistics for August are provisional.



Manchester Statistics - August 2018 (Part 6)

Major changes to Domestic traffic




Belfast City, Inverness, Jersey have not reported figures for August.

CAA statistics for August are provisional

Edited - due being brain-dead when making original post!

Last edited by Scottie Dog; 27th Sep 2018 at 16:39.
Scottie Dog is offline  
Old 26th Sep 2018, 21:30
  #2408 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: UK
Age: 54
Posts: 2,659
Originally Posted by Navpi View Post
TURIN

So you are honestly saying because of so called " human factors" it's acceptable to drive 100 yards with a man on a bonnet simply because the driver got annoyed about some charges ?

Well sorry, it isnt. I would describe anybody who supports such action as mentally ill.

We are going to hell in a hand cart.

And it is bollocksology!
Well its good to see that you have come to the subject with an open mind.
There is nothing 'so called' about human factors. It is a well known science which airlines and other industries spend a fortune on to try and mitigate the effects. Look at any major accident, whether it be aviation, shipping or construction.

I did not say it is or was acceptable to drive a hundred yards with someone on your bonnet. Please do not put words in my mouth.

Where you go and the mode of transport you choose is your affair, I however, will be off to enjoy a bright future, preferably in something black, shiney and comfortable.
TURIN is offline  
Old 27th Sep 2018, 07:05
  #2409 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Paris
Posts: 31
Ryanair to Marseille...in 2019 waiting for timetable
MAJP is offline  
Old 27th Sep 2018, 08:47
  #2410 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Ainsdale
Posts: 1,637
EasyJet summer flights now on sale. GIB remains 3pw so it looks like EasyJet are not willing to increase the frequency as much as Monarch did?
MKY661 is offline  
Old 27th Sep 2018, 13:15
  #2411 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: Europe
Posts: 27
Originally Posted by Scottie Dog View Post
Manchester Statistics - August 2018 (Part 1)

Destinations that are either new (no passengers since my records started in January 2005), or have not been served for a number of years - if the latter then the month and year of the last service is shown.

One new destination was served in August 2018

Dallas/Fort Worth - 131 scheduled passengers. Not bad since we don't have a flight to Dallas, and definitely not one that carries scheduled passengers.

Million passenger routes (Rolling annual figures)

Amsterdam - 1,029,831 passengers
Dubai - 1,021,921 passengers

Two domestic statistics are currently missing from the CAA report for August.

Belfast City, Inverness, Jersey are yet to provide figures

Total passengers for these routes in 2017 were 39,498.

Moving monthly and annual figures - based on CAA statistics/MAG statistics

Data at present is not available
Monthly passengers -
Annual Total -
Moving Annual Total -

Monthly Movements -
Annual Movements -
Moving Annual Movements -


Manchester Statistics - August 2018 (Part 2)

Top 25 destinations - by passenger numbers



CAA statistics for August 2018 are provisional


Manchester Statistics - August 2018 (Part 3)

Top 25 destinations with highest percentage increase.



CAA statistics for August are provisional.


Manchester Statistics - August 2018 (Part 4)

Figures for the European and long haul destinations that I consider to be the main points for our connecting traffic.



CAA statistics for August are provisional.


Manchester Statistics - August 2018 (Part 5)

Comparison of top 25 destinations - August 2008 versus August 2018



CAA statistics for August are provisional.



Manchester Statistics - August 2018 (Part 6)

Major changes to Domestic traffic



Belfast City, Inverness, Jersey have not reported figures for August.

CAA statistics for August are provisional
Enormously informative as ever. Small point, I think some of your labels may be the wrong way round - part 6 says major changes to domestic traffic, but lists a lot of international destinations. Is that supposed to label something else?
Actually looking back the labels for parts 2 and 3 look a bit funny as well. Part 3 talks about percentage change in the table and then doesn't report percentages. I believe gremlins may be in the works.
boredintheairport is offline  
Old 27th Sep 2018, 14:05
  #2412 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: stockport
Posts: 134
Joon look remarkbly similar to Lufthansa new scheme except bigger titles
chaps1954 is offline  
Old 27th Sep 2018, 16:44
  #2413 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Location: EGCC
Age: 69
Posts: 890
Originally Posted by boredintheairport View Post
Enormously informative as ever. Small point, I think some of your labels may be the wrong way round - part 6 says major changes to domestic traffic, but lists a lot of international destinations. Is that supposed to label something else?
Actually looking back the labels for parts 2 and 3 look a bit funny as well. Part 3 talks about percentage change in the table and then doesn't report percentages. I believe gremlins may be in the works.
Thank you @boredintheairport, I obviously was rushing things last night and failed to double check the details.
Scottie Dog is offline  
Old 27th Sep 2018, 19:38
  #2414 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: May 2018
Location: Greece
Posts: 42
New FR routes for S19 out of MAN, apart from MRS, include Bordeaux,Marrakesh, Thessaloniki, Gotheburg and Nantes

Also Easyjet increases MAN-ATH to 5w in July and daily in August
mariofly12 is offline  
Old 27th Sep 2018, 20:58
  #2415 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: Manchester
Posts: 27
https://twitter.com/EGCCInsider/status/1045271505939181569?s=19

New airbridges for T2
LFC22 is offline  
Old 27th Sep 2018, 23:21
  #2416 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Sep 1999
Location: Manchester
Posts: 1,190
Mr A Tis is offline  
Old 28th Sep 2018, 07:59
  #2417 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Cheshire
Posts: 1,042
Mr A Tis, in your keenness to display more negativity, I hope you managed to read the last sentence of the article:
"A second video published this week shows baggage handlers taking extra care in handling passengers' luggage".

The situation reported can occur when bags are delivered very quickly (and yes it can happen), and/or there are delays at Border Control (that certainly happens at times), so that cases arrive before passengers. However, whereas airport staff are often on hand to manage queues at departures, my own experience is that there is usually no obvious sign of supervisory staff in arrivals. Perhaps someone can provide better information, but It's not readily apparent what coordination there is when delays occur at Border Control in terms of the delivery of bags - for example, are there enough carousels to enable a late switching if there is a build up on a particular carousel?

Last edited by MANFOD; 28th Sep 2018 at 09:57. Reason: surplus words
MANFOD is offline  
Old 28th Sep 2018, 09:29
  #2418 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Stockport
Age: 52
Posts: 225
Originally Posted by mariofly12 View Post
New FR routes for S19 out of MAN, apart from MRS, include Bordeaux,Marrakesh, Thessaloniki, Gotheburg and Nantes

Also Easyjet increases MAN-ATH to 5w in July and daily in August
Great to see FR and EZY growth is continuing
at MAN with plenty of interesting new routes and capacity increases. We must be the biggest hubs now outside of STN (for FR) and LGW (for EZY) if I'm not mistaken?
DomyDom is offline  
Old 28th Sep 2018, 10:16
  #2419 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: The foot of Mt. Belzoni.
Posts: 2,023
I would expect baggage handlers to take "extra care" at all times, along with everyone else who works in a safety-critical, customer-focussed enviornment such as aviation.

DomyDom, excellent news, more congestion and chaos on the horizon. EGCC seems an appropriate code for the place at present, doesn't it?

Last edited by ZOOKER; 28th Sep 2018 at 22:47.
ZOOKER is offline  
Old 28th Sep 2018, 10:52
  #2420 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Cheshire
Posts: 1,042
To put things in perspective, those 6 new routes add up to 12 additional departures a week, although 5 of those are on a Sunday. Also, most are with away based a/c or late departures so not adding to congestion with the early wave of departures. I understand there will be a second daily Belfast flight but haven't checked the timings.
MANFOD is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.