Airlines, Airports & Routes Topics about airports, routes and airline business.

Cardiff-2

Old 29th Aug 2019, 19:05
  #1181 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: Wales
Posts: 761
Originally Posted by RedDragonFlyer View Post
For Ryanair the load factors seem relatively decent. Ryanair's average for July was 97%.
BCN has 3275 passengers so had a load factor of 96.2%.
MLA has 3128 passengers so had a load factor of 92.0%.
Impossible to tell for the others as there's competition on those routes.
I'd be surprised if malaga and Faro weren't in the 90s as well but can't be 100% sure and Tenerife is in the 90s if I remember correctly. In the end though it will be the yield that counts!
PDXCWL45 is online now  
Old 30th Aug 2019, 07:06
  #1182 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Crawley
Posts: 329
Originally Posted by PDXCWL45 View Post
I'd be surprised if malaga and Faro weren't in the 90s as well but can't be 100% sure and Tenerife is in the 90s if I remember correctly. In the end though it will be the yield that counts!
TFS would be around the 94% mark. 1420 passengers with capacity of 1512 seats.
bycrewlgw is offline  
Old 30th Aug 2019, 09:13
  #1183 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Cardiff
Posts: 616
To summarise collectively:
BCN operates Tue & Sat so would have had 9 flights in July. Seats: 3402 / Passengers 3064 = 90%
(Note there were 211 charter passengers which shouldn't be included. I think these were from a TCX diversion en route back to CWL)
MLA operates Wed & Sun so would have had 9 flights in July. Seats: 3402 / Passengers 3128 = 92%
TFS operates on Thu so would have had 4 flights in July. Seats 1512 / Passengers 1420 = 94%

An average LF for the above 3 routes of 92%

Also Tenerife is no longer on sale in 2020 with last flight on 6th January. The same with Newcastle, the only other route that doesn't have a UK base, last flight 5th January.

Vueling LF's (assuming 180 seats A320's)
ALC operates 6 weekly (Not on Fridays) so would have had 27 flights in July. Seats 9720 / Passengers 8954 = 92%
PMI operates 4 weekly (Mon-Thu) so would have had 19 flights in July. Seats 6840 / Passengers 6108 = 89%

AGP - FR operates 3 weekly (Mon, Wed, Fri) so would have had 14 flights in July. Seats 5292
- VY operated 5 weekly (Mon-Thu & Sat) so would have had 23 flights in July. Seats 8280
Total seats available 13572 / Passengers 11678 - Average LF 86%
caaardiff is offline  
Old 6th Sep 2019, 18:47
  #1184 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: Wales
Posts: 761
The UK government has refused to devolve Air passenger duty to Wales despite the recommendation of the Welsh Affairs committee in order to protect Bristol airport.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/uk-wa...mpression=true
PDXCWL45 is online now  
Old 6th Sep 2019, 19:19
  #1185 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Northumberland
Posts: 4,370
"Evidence presented at the inquiry also made the case that consumers and businesses in parts of Wales, particularly in the north, are currently served by excellent connectivity at English airports. It is not clear how devolution in Wales would support these communities."
So devolution of APD could benefit Cardiff, and not Wales as a whole?
SWBKCB is online now  
Old 6th Sep 2019, 19:50
  #1186 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: Wales
Posts: 761
Originally Posted by SWBKCB View Post
So devolution of APD could benefit Cardiff, and not Wales as a whole?
It would depend on what routes it would attract. Xity routes that attract inbound tourism would help to increase the profile of the whole country, I saw that for myself when I flew Iberia to Madrid last year. Long haul routes like Doha are the same, the marketing deal advertises Wales as a country not just the capital.
In the end it should be up to the Welsh government to decide how they use it to benefit Wales not London who don't seem to want Wales to benefit in any way.
PDXCWL45 is online now  
Old 6th Sep 2019, 22:16
  #1187 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: Cardiff
Posts: 8
See you all at the independence march in Merthyr
cymru is offline  
Old 7th Sep 2019, 08:06
  #1188 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: Wales
Posts: 761
Today is the last flight of the Flybe Rome service. Also ending today are Venice and Verona and Munich ended yesterday. Hopefully these routes will return in the future but now KLM will be the only option for these destinations.
PDXCWL45 is online now  
Old 8th Sep 2019, 12:26
  #1189 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: UK
Age: 34
Posts: 189
Flybe at CWL

I would imagine some of these routes, namely FCO, VCE and VRN, are seasonal and may well return for S20...

Nothing on sale yet for S20 so the end isn't necessarily the end of the end.

Originally Posted by PDXCWL45 View Post
Today is the last flight of the Flybe Rome service. Also ending today are Venice and Verona and Munich ended yesterday. Hopefully these routes will return in the future but now KLM will be the only option for these destinations.
fanrailuk is online now  
Old 8th Sep 2019, 12:41
  #1190 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: Wales
Posts: 761
Originally Posted by fanrailuk View Post
I would imagine some of these routes, namely FCO, VCE and VRN, are seasonal and may well return for S20...

Nothing on sale yet for S20 so the end isn't necessarily the end of the end.
The jets are going so I can't see them operating Rome on a Q400 and it was year round and to be honest I don't think Venice was much of a success. I wouldn't be surprised though if Verona returns for May to September.
PDXCWL45 is online now  
Old 8th Sep 2019, 14:35
  #1191 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Birmingham
Age: 58
Posts: 667
Originally Posted by PDXCWL45 View Post
The jets are going so I can't see them operating Rome on a Q400 and it was year round and to be honest I don't think Venice was much of a success. I wouldn't be surprised though if Verona returns for May to September.

All the jets will be BHX & MAN based so cannot see any of these routes operating from CWL next year
BHX5DME is offline  
Old 8th Sep 2019, 14:47
  #1192 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: Wales
Posts: 761
Originally Posted by BHX5DME View Post
All the jets will be BHX & MAN based so cannot see any of these routes operating from CWL next year
They operate Verona from Southampton with the Q400. It's a route that gets a few tour operators on including TUI. The other routes if they come back will be with other airlines no doubt.
I wouldn't be surprised if Verona fills the Saturday slot that Geneva uses on the overnight Q400 during the summer.

Last edited by PDXCWL45; 8th Sep 2019 at 14:59.
PDXCWL45 is online now  
Old 8th Sep 2019, 16:38
  #1193 (permalink)  
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Cardiff
Posts: 477
Originally Posted by PDXCWL45 View Post
They operate Verona from Southampton with the Q400. It's a route that gets a few tour operators on including TUI. The other routes if they come back will be with other airlines no doubt.
I wouldn't be surprised if Verona fills the Saturday slot that Geneva uses on the overnight Q400 during the summer.
I agree with you here, the VRN seems logical for the Saturday after the GVA ends. It is a route thatís been around for many years initially with the 1-11ís of European and fits in with TUI holidays too as a destination they offer.

Be great if MXP remained or got picked up by another carrier as strong historical links between South Wales and Italy.
Letsflycwl is offline  
Old 8th Sep 2019, 19:11
  #1194 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: Wales
Posts: 761
Originally Posted by Letsflycwl View Post


I agree with you here, the VRN seems logical for the Saturday after the GVA ends. It is a route thatís been around for many years initially with the 1-11ís of European and fits in with TUI holidays too as a destination they offer.

Be great if MXP remained or got picked up by another carrier as strong historical links between South Wales and Italy.
I don't think we'll see Milan back as the 2 likeliest contenders for the route would be extreme long shots. Air Italy and Alitalia. I do think Rome returning is more likely with Ryanair maybe in the future.
PDXCWL45 is online now  
Old 9th Sep 2019, 05:43
  #1195 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: DORSET
Age: 62
Posts: 28
Inghams, TUI and Citalia Holidays all have big Lakes and Mountains programs using Verona -

SOU BRS and CWL all historically have, or had dedicated charter flights on Neos 737-800 (BRS) BMI (BRS) and Flybe on Q400's using either whole plane series, or taking large allocations on BE schedules.

It is a good route, but seasonal only - May-early Oct.
rog747 is offline  
Old 9th Sep 2019, 08:37
  #1196 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: Wales
Posts: 761
New airline in Loganair and Glasgow remains! Fantastic news!
https://twitter.com/SeanM1997/status/1170977699671748608?s=19
PDXCWL45 is online now  
Old 9th Sep 2019, 15:35
  #1197 (permalink)  
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Cardiff
Posts: 477
Great to see Loganair taking over the GLA service and also the increase to a daily service too (except Saturday). Nice to see the EM4 back at CWL too !

Lets hope another airline takes over some of the other BE routes ending this summer.
Letsflycwl is offline  
Old 10th Sep 2019, 08:01
  #1198 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: UK
Posts: 1,304
Loganair flights to GLA have been released for travel through until the end of August 2020. Flights will operate between 6 and 7 x weekly until the start of the S20 schedule on 29th March when flights will increase to 8 x weekly

27th February to 27th March

LM225 GLA 08:00 CWL 09:15 ER4 6 (14MAR only)
LM227 GLA 18:05 CWL 19:20 ER4 7
LM227 GLA 19:45 CWL 21:00 ER4 x67

LM226 CWL 09:45 GLA 11:00 ER4 6 (14MAR only)
LM228 CWL 19:50 GLA 21:15 ER4 7
LM228 CWL 21:30 GLA 22:45 ER4 x67

From 29th March

LM225 GLA 09:15 CWL 10:30 ER4 7
LM225 GLA 10:30 CWL 11:45 ER4 x567
LM225 GLA 14:10 CWL 15:25 ER4 5
LM227 GLA 19:45 CWL 21:00 ER4 57

LM226 CWL 11:05 GLA 12:20 ER4 7
LM226 CWL 12:15 GLA 13:30 ER4 x567
LM226 CWL 16:00 GLA 17:15 ER4 5
LM228 CWL 21:30 GLA 22:45 ER4 57

BAladdy is offline  
Old 12th Sep 2019, 10:47
  #1199 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: Wales
Posts: 761
216,000 passengers used Cardiff airport during August and the rolling year was up 7% to 1.662 million passengers.
https://www.cardiff-airport.com/news/2019/09/12/more-passenger-growth-for-cardiff-airport/
PDXCWL45 is online now  
Old 17th Sep 2019, 19:43
  #1200 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Warwickshire
Posts: 853
Wizz Air

Sorry if this has been discussed before (I'm not a regular on this thread!) but I've just been booking a few flights with Wizzair and have noted Cardiff now appears on their destination map from Budapest and Debrecen - but no flights bookable....are they already known about 'specials', new routes or simply a route map error? Just wondering if regulars on here knew amything?

If they are new flights, Brexit hasn't put Wizz off the UK at all, with new routes and increased frequencies also being launched from LTN, BHX, EDI and DSA this winter.
GayFriendly is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.