Airlines, Airports & Routes Topics about airports, routes and airline business.

STANSTED - 2

Old 22nd Apr 2017, 15:41
  #3961 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: UK
Posts: 71
I suspect Jet2's main targets are Thomas Cook, Tui and Monarch - particularly across the Birmingham, Luton, Stansted catchment areas.

Possibly extending into the Gatwick catchment area south of the Thames.
Cuillin Hills is online now  
Old 24th Apr 2017, 16:19
  #3962 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Essex
Posts: 1,229
Jet2 New Routes

Five new routes showing for Summer 2018... Almeria, Bodrum, Kefalonia, Thessaloniki and Verona
FRatSTN is offline  
Old 9th May 2017, 13:53
  #3963 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Darkest Lincs
Posts: 456
Security malfunction

According to the Daily Mail ( I know!) there were major issues this morning for 4 hours due to a breakdown in the x-ray equipment (confirmed by airport management) The pictures posted looked pretty horrendous. Any chance of any compensation for the many pax that missed their flights?
wowzz is offline  
Old 9th May 2017, 14:28
  #3964 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Blighty
Posts: 3,578
I very much doubt airlines at STN will pay a penny without a judgement from a senior court. MAG will say there is no contract with a passenger (unless a senior court thinks otherwise)
Best guess is that pax will just have to accept it and hope airlines are lenient when selling a replacement ticket
davidjohnson6 is offline  
Old 9th May 2017, 15:23
  #3965 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Darkest Lincs
Posts: 456
Originally Posted by davidjohnson6 View Post
I very much doubt airlines at STN will pay a penny without a judgement from a senior court. MAG will say there is no contract with a passenger (unless a senior court thinks otherwise)
Best guess is that pax will just have to accept it and hope airlines are lenient when selling a replacement ticket
I agree that the airlines are not liable, however MAG is. I assume that travel insurance should cover a the cost of the missed flights, but probably not for subsequent expenses.
wowzz is offline  
Old 9th May 2017, 16:17
  #3966 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Blighty
Posts: 3,578
wowzz - I agree there might well be a case for saying MAG is liable, but MAG will be very careful in what they say publicly to avoid admitting any liability, pointing to the lack of any payment by a passenger to the airport (contract law 101 - no consideration generally means no contract). A passenger would have to go to significant effort and expense in the High Court before any kind of liability might be found. Alternatively there is the option of complaining to the CAA but this will probably not achieve a worthwhile result

MAG *should* in my view face some penalty for this but without politicians focussing on getting reelected, neither the Dept for Transport or CAA will want to get involved. Passenger just has to put up with it.
davidjohnson6 is offline  
Old 9th May 2017, 19:17
  #3967 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Darkest Lincs
Posts: 456
Originally Posted by davidjohnson6 View Post
wowzz - I agree there might well be a case for saying MAG is liable, but MAG will be very careful in what they say publicly to avoid admitting any liability, pointing to the lack of any payment by a passenger to the airport (contract law 101 - no consideration generally means no contract). A passenger would have to go to significant effort and expense in the High Court before any kind of liability might be found. Alternatively there is the option of complaining to the CAA but this will probably not achieve a worthwhile result

MAG *should* in my view face some penalty for this but without politicians focussing on getting reelected, neither the Dept for Transport or CAA will want to get involved. Passenger just has to put up with it.
I suppose you could argue that the air fare includes the airport handling fee (albeit indirectly). However, as you say, it is unlikely to be argued in court. Pity!
wowzz is offline  
Old 9th May 2017, 21:43
  #3968 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Darkest Lincs
Posts: 456
Good to know that apologies have been issued for any 'inconvenience caused '. Not sure if that helps in the scheme of things.
wowzz is offline  
Old 10th May 2017, 08:08
  #3969 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: STANSTED & MANCHESTER
Posts: 1,679
Please we all work or have worked and some on here just dream of working in this industry therefore we should all know that these things happen and will always happen at some airport somewhere in the world the type of business that a airport airline or even just the massive complex technical side of the industry means one day something will fail it's the joys of travel I'm not saying it's not inconvenient just inevitably just one day of moving thousands of people through a thin gap in the infrastructure went wrong that's all
daz211 is offline  
Old 10th May 2017, 09:05
  #3970 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: UK
Posts: 1,623
Originally Posted by daz211 View Post
Please we all work or have worked and some on here just dream of working in this industry therefore we should all know that these things happen and will always happen at some airport somewhere in the world the type of business that a airport airline or even just the massive complex technical side of the industry means one day something will fail it's the joys of travel I'm not saying it's not inconvenient just inevitably just one day of moving thousands of people through a thin gap in the infrastructure went wrong that's all
You are so right, and the army of Twitter and Facebook warriors need to remember that throughout their lives sh!t happens, and when it does, generally, as we always have done, you have to endure it, pick yourself up, dust yourself down - and carry on.
ATNotts is offline  
Old 10th May 2017, 11:38
  #3971 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Darkest Lincs
Posts: 456
I think we can all agree that these things happen. However, there seems to have been a distinct lack of management skills - one person fainting, no information being given, no queue control. Looks like there is a distinct lack of crisis control.
wowzz is offline  
Old 10th May 2017, 14:01
  #3972 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: STANSTED & MANCHESTER
Posts: 1,679
Originally Posted by wowzz View Post
I think we can all agree that these things happen. However, there seems to have been a distinct lack of management skills - one person fainting, no information being given, no queue control. Looks like there is a distinct lack of crisis control.
Wowzz unless you were there I don't think you are qualified to comment
I don't think you have thought about what you are saying
At that time of the day and from the pictures all over social media it's easy to see nothing could have been done to sort the situation out any quicker and if you think about it 400 passengers is a very small amount of people if you consider how many flights were departing at that time of the day just how would you start managing that amount of people into any sort of a micro queue and regarding a passenger fainting just how could this have been prevented
We all agree it was a bad morning at the airport but this sort of things happen all the time all over the world I'm sure the airlines and airport worked together as best they could to get people to where they needed to be as quickly as possible yes people were unhappy but this is life things happen we deal with it and move on.
daz211 is offline  
Old 11th May 2017, 09:58
  #3973 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Essex
Posts: 825
I can't believe that 'shit happens' is an acceptable or appropriate response and I doubt very much anyone directly affected would take that view whether or not they use social media.

If a flight is cancelled for good reason, that's one thing. But the airline is required to either refund the ticket or make alternative provision for its customers including consequential costs such as hotel accommodation.

It's a pretty poor attitude if a multi-billion pound industry wrings its hands and takes a 'Not my problem, guv' stance.
DC3 Dave is offline  
Old 11th May 2017, 10:48
  #3974 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Essex
Posts: 1,229
Couple of Eurowings/Germanwings increases now on sale at weekends over the pre-christmas period to Cologne, Hanover and Stuttgart.

Also Hanover increases from 6x to 9x weekly on a permanent basis from 01 NOV 2017.
FRatSTN is offline  
Old 11th May 2017, 10:51
  #3975 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: STANSTED & MANCHESTER
Posts: 1,679
Originally Posted by DC3 Dave View Post
I can't believe that 'shit happens' is an acceptable or appropriate response and I doubt very much anyone directly affected would take that view whether or not they use social media.

If a flight is cancelled for good reason, that's one thing. But the airline is required to either refund the ticket or make alternative provision for its customers including consequential costs such as hotel accommodation.

It's a pretty poor attitude if a multi-billion pound industry wrings its hands and takes a 'Not my problem, guv' stance.
Pick the parts you want to read !
Shit dose happen but I also said the airport worked hard with the airlines to sort the situation for the people involved not once has anyone wrote the airport or airlines said nothing I can do go away it sounds to me your making up your own story I had family traveling to Ireland they missed the flight which was held 15 mins so the airline waited as long as possible they were re booked FREE of charge on to the next flight so I guess all that could have been done was done and yes I stand by my statement shit does happen this was a technical issue not a deliberate act to make people miss flights
daz211 is offline  
Old 11th May 2017, 10:51
  #3976 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: bishops stortford herts
Posts: 1,304
Anyways Anyways........After a month or two of flat lining Stansted announces it`s busiest ever April for 2.177M = +11%.....Yes Easter helping with the totals a given...Moving ever closer to the magic 25M P.A. airport league....Nice one MAG...
southside bobby is offline  
Old 12th May 2017, 08:41
  #3977 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: last time I looked I was still here.
Posts: 4,513
I don't get it. Airlines are obliged under EU law to compensate pax for severely delayed or cancelled flights due to their cock-up. Airports achieve the same result of pax missing flights due to their cock-up and get off scot free. The end result is great loss to the pax. One has to pay the other doesn't. Doesn't seem right to me. Even if the airlines operate with sympathy the next available flight might be days away and useless. It needs sorting.
RAT 5 is offline  
Old 29th May 2017, 06:37
  #3978 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: STANSTED & MANCHESTER
Posts: 1,679
From Airlineroute (twitter)

Hainan Airlines has filed Beijing - Stockholm - Prague - Beijing A330 svc on 12JUL17, Beijing - Prague - London Stansted - Beijing 25JUL17
daz211 is offline  
Old 29th May 2017, 12:09
  #3979 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Blighty
Posts: 3,578
daz - are these 2 flights from Hainan simply special charters or are tickets intended for sale to the public ? The only thing I could find on Prague-Stansted was a one way fare in economy for 1,300 on a flight lasting 2 hours - clearly not intended to be purchased by the general public
davidjohnson6 is offline  
Old 29th May 2017, 13:57
  #3980 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: STANSTED & MANCHESTER
Posts: 1,679
To be honest I can't find any info on this what so ever you have found much more than I can so I guess a one off but for what reason I don't know
daz211 is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.