PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Security Gone Too Far?
View Single Post
Old 18th Sep 2003, 10:34
pullock

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Luke,

If some dude in thongs and king gees whacking an overgrown bunger in a bin near an international hotel was terrorism.......lets face it, it wasn't terrorism in todays context of the word.

As for the Bali bombing, it wasn't a terrorist attack against Australia, it was an attack against the West. The government has done it's best to frame it as a personal attack on Australia, as it suits their agenda, and I think that the PM would love to think that his little country rated highly enough in world events that it could attract terrorism. The Australian casualties in Bali were not the main aim, Amrosi said that himself.

So I still ask, from what is all this over zealous security protecting us, show me the empirical evidence that we should all live our lives in fear because some minority religeous fanatics flew aeroplanes in to buildings half a world away.

Can someone also please tell me how infra red cameras are going to sure up security on the harbour bridge?

How ironic is it that our lives are now controlled by people who think that a ring spanner is more dangerous as a weapon than a maglite?