PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Polar near one.
Thread: Polar near one.
View Single Post
Old 23rd Dec 2017, 02:30
Scoreboard

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Great article well done on getting something out but SCMP is in CX drinking circle....so they would water down anything that was too close. Publish the full article in any other place that will take the unedited version. Embarrass them. Story goes during the 49ers that they started getting bad press from SCMP and old CX CEO called them up and reminded them of how many papers we put on our flights daily. SCMP went meekly to its corner.

But dont give up the fight. When an accident (and its coming) finally happens with a smoking hull and deaths anyone who was covering up this regulators failings will be for jail. Better to out in front and start exposing this as often as you can.

You barely scrapped the incident pile of how bad it is ...CX lives on the reputation that was made over the decades by highly experienced crew. Atm its gutted and incidents are only mentioned in rumors....”did u hear about.....” Our old safety updates are a joke. The Training department passes pilots who cant achieve a landing. I have had a number of them...and when you take it upstairs they say ..”.oh they just a work in progress”. Its not at all funny when there is a junior pilot on the roster referred by the nickname of a terrible accident. Its not just here but most airlines experience way less capable crew with way less handling experience. Ever wonder why FAA and other regulators are mandating jet upset recovery now? Cause the hull losses that are occurring are because the pilots cant actually fly. Something I do instinctively in early days of training has to be now taught in sims to pilots who carry around 300 pax. Sitting and watching it and then think your family could be aboard with this person who couldnt find his way out of a paper bag.

Safety is their top priority is a throw away line from CX and CAD(Cathay Authorizing Department)......they say it like it happens but it isn't. Makes me sick to the stomach when I hear those words.