PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airline pilot pay
View Single Post
Old 18th Sep 2003, 08:16
shaablamm

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
From the wannabees perspective, from memory. Trying to pay bills, guide families and run there lives all from a 1-2 star hotel whilst on a charter to some god foresaken part of the earth aint to flash either. Paying those bills for a rented place that isn't much better than the hotel you're staying in and then returning home to find you only have $50 at most to go shopping with. Character building??? Yes, sometimes. Below the poverty line?? Absolutely. I remember being worse off than most people on the doll and I worked 5 times harder.

I know the question was referred to airline pay but I always have been bewilldered by the massive jump in conditions and pay from the G.A pilot to the Airline pilot. One day I would love to see the G.A pilot get what they deserve. I mean the fulltime guys/gals. RFDS, AIR AMBOS, FULL TIME INSTRUCTORS (dedicated to that career), BANKRUNNERS/ FREIGHTERS, CHARTER, SAR, AIRWORK OPS. The list is huge and the pay is pi..poor in comparison to the Airline salary. How could anybody take G.A seriously in Australia.

I think the conditions of the G.A pilot are a mock to the position and responsibilities involved. Pay bananas get monkeys.

I hope I haven't taken this post down the 'old road' again. Anyway, just out of interest thinking pilot, are you referring to any company/ position in particular that only pays $1,000/wk to be an airline pilot? Perhaps a G.A charter company that has endeavoured to break into the RPT sector?