PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas non-stop PER to LHR?
View Single Post
Old 18th Dec 2017, 02:34
CurtainTwitcher

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Can someone please explain to me why it is in anyone’s best interest for the PER-LHR route to fail?
I don't think anyone wants to see it fail. I suspect, what is is going on is more nuanced, an anxiety about the potential TOO fail, and what if it does go wrong. A lot has been staked on this working.

There is precedent, Jetstar Pacific, Jetstar Asia(s) "400 aircraft by 2020", Air Asia X joint venture (forgetting to tell Tony Fernandes), RedQ, Jetstar HKG, Jetstar Japan. None of those ships have really come in. There have been so many announcements & ventures that are going to be the "next greatest thing" anydaynow.

I for one wish it to succeed, but it appears to be a highly complex plan that involves just more than one challenging sector. Everything has to go just right every day to get this right, from LAX to LHR. When it comes to aviation, that increases my anxiety level about the sustainability of the plan and ultimately commercial success.

Sources indicate a recent lightning strike for one of the new 787's, grounding it for 3 days with 50 exit points found. What is plan B here?

He is a legendary storyteller, management by narrative & announcement. Operational success requires more than just good PR skills. The execution has left a trail of wreckage behind, understandably, this history makes people nervous.