PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NT C210
Thread: NT C210
View Single Post
Old 17th Dec 2017, 11:52
Global Aviator

Received 130 Likes on 63 Posts
It’s a heart ripping reality of learning to fly in harsh places. Make it and the experience you gain = priceless. Most do make it but some do come unstuck. Don’t blame these fellas as we don’t know the full story, actually never will. I’d love to say no one ever flies into bad weather deliberately but I know with 230 hours I’m lucky to still be here, and I mean LUCKY!

I’m not quoting from above but yes we do find ourselves in interesting weather no matter what the aircraft has. Be it a 320, Global XRS, Falcon, etc, I’ve seen weather out the window not painting and the other way around. One has to use everything available, window, WXR, ATC, etc..... Wx forecast vs not, blah...

Now to the fellas belting around in GA now, look forward to the day your flying an airliner in the RHS and ask the Capt about his GA days. When a blank look and the answer is i didn’t come from GA I was a cadet, say yes I would have if I could have, whilst at the same time know that nothing can replace the experience fun repeat the experience that GA brings, and I’m not just talking the flying!

I’m not disrespecting the cadet route and I would never suggest disrespecting the Capt, just saying that everyday is different.

Last edited by Global Aviator; 17th Dec 2017 at 11:54. Reason: Whiskey