PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QF Recruiting FOs Hawaii
View Single Post
Old 15th Dec 2017, 07:42
CurtainTwitcher

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 73qanda
Keep in mind though that the impending shortage is of experience, not newly minted licences. Airlines can buy/provide licences, they will have to scrap over experience.
Indeed, Willie Walsh articulated this nuance precisely not long ago: No shortage of pilots in airline industry, IAG boss Willie Walsh says

He said: “There are lots of pilots in the market – there aren’t many who have the qualifications to fly as a captain.” As reported earlier this month in The Irish Times, Mr Walsh said Aer Lingus had recently received 3,000 applications for 100 pilot jobs.
He also had something of interest for Rated De:
Human resources
Under Mr Walsh’s leadership, IAG has increased its workforce from 57,000 employees in 2011 to 63,000 employees today but Mr Walsh said that IAG doesn’t have a human resources (HR) department.
He said: “It is something I do slightly differently – I refuse to have a HR department.”

He told the packed audience that “outsourcing your management of people to a HR department is wrong”.

He said: “We all have a responsibility to the people that we work with and for . . . It is fascinating to see how an organisation tries to create one and comes up with innovative names and as soon as spot them I get rid of them.”