PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NT C210
Thread: NT C210
View Single Post
Old 14th Dec 2017, 07:29
Ixixly

Received 29 Likes on 15 Posts
I don't know about others here, but I find myself increasingly worried by the Aircraft we fly in GA. I'm lucky to be part of an organisation that has exceptional Maintenance but the fact is that we're still flying 30-40 year old aircraft, looking beyond just the physical age it worries me to think over the 15-20,000+ hrs some of these Aircraft have flown, just what sort of abuse they've taken at the hands of Pilots who weren't taught correctly, didn't care, just got into a bad situation and then even the normal wear/tear/fatigue that comes with such advanced age and it honestly scares me these days.

To all the GA Pilots out there reading this, I urge you to be extra cautious, remember that the Speeds and Figures you've got in your POH/AFM were from Brand new aircraft many decades ago, give it some fudge factor when appropriate and be far less inclined to take them into weather and situations that others once thought nothing of a long time ago. Maintenance organisations do the best they can but are often under the pump themselves just like we are and there's only so much that can be inspected.

Be careful out there boys and girls, none of us are paid enough money to give our lives, nor is the act of transporting anything or anyone generally worth it either (Outside emergency services, RFDS and the likes from time to time)