PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - easyCommands at EasyJet!!!
View Single Post
Old 17th Sep 2003, 16:51
Stan Woolley

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think nofrills has provided a very accurate description of life at easyjet, at least as far as Luton is concerned.

Leaving aside everything else the rostering really is unacceptable, at Ltn you would be hard pressed to find many line Captains saying otherwise.

For example, this week, (after multiple changes) I have ended up with the usual three early starts ie up between 0330 and 0530am, all medium range Spanish/French 2 or 3 sectors, followed by three lates, all four sector 11+ hour days (7.5 - 8 hours flying).

The reality is that most people can only sustain that type of work pattern for so long and many of the pilots at Luton are becoming fatigued! (The duties are all legal individually of course, but I reckon there's a case for arguing that over time a (changing)pattern that is fatiguing can not reasonably be considered legal).

I joined initially on the same course as Col.Klink and was very happy to do so, as I was gagging for a command, I don't regret my decision BUT I too would urge you to carefully consider your situation before moving. Like girlfriends the lust will wear off and the day to day reality will settle in!

ManFlex
Enjoy, you have obviously found your level.

Dicksynormous
As one myself I accept your criticism of self abusers to some degree but I'd just ask: What is the background of most of the pilot managers who have and are perpetuating the slide of this profession?

Anyway I've jumped out of the frying pan into the murky waters. Can any new venture be worse? Not according to my wife!