PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Erosion of Pay and Conditions - What are we doing about it?
Old 17th Sep 2003, 16:23
Col. Walter E. Kurtz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A union is only as strong as its members

Let's just focus for the moment on QF who are unionised and VERY much in the frontline.

I ask:

1. What are the members doing to push the AIPA to protect their wages and conditions with JC firing up etc.

2. Why is there no (obvious) pressure being applied to QF management by the union/members in the form of any threatened or actual industrial action? (I mean if baggage handlers can go on a snap strike and canthreaten the companies/shareholders profits, I would expect that pilots could pose a greater threat to damage the profitability of the company)

3. How much more pressure will you guys take from management with regard to the intrusion of low cost 'members' of the QF Group and their potential to replace you, initially at least TransTasman & domestically or worsen conditions and job 'security'

4. Where and when will you draw (to quote your CEO) the 'line in the sand' where the QF pilot group says "This goes no further'.

Last edited by Col. Walter E. Kurtz; 17th Sep 2003 at 16:36.