PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Erosion of Pay and Conditions - What are we doing about it?
Old 17th Sep 2003, 16:11
Snowballs

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A lot of you guys just don’t get it ……….. the industry is full of “I did it for my family” ….. …… “I had to save the company”……….. “I can't believe I get paid to do this" ……….
“I don’t give a dam for fellow pilots it’s every many for himself ” …………. “The AFAP (or any other association) lost the plot” ……. “International (QF) pilots are different to domestic pilots, therefore we need a separate (and blinkered) association” .... The list just goes on and on and inevitably conditions will go down and down.
It won’t be long before some operators realize that the world is full of wana-be’s who will sell their mothers into prostitution if it means getting a job or experience.
The end result will be amoral or savvy operators advertising for F/Os’ or inexperienced Captains, to work for literally nothing, after paying for their own endorsement, of course, to gain experience etc. etc. They will be flooded with applicants if it offers real time experience and the prospect of an illusionary job with better pay and or conditions.
Only by then, the attitude of these pathetic individuals, including some qualified pilots, will have reduced the profession, to what it was after WW11 when pilots were paid less than bank clerks.
Our industry / profession, needs a huge dose of reality and a unified approach to the problem ( a unified and combined form of association) or face professional disaster. It applies equally to VB or QF

Last edited by Snowballs; 18th Sep 2003 at 10:02.