PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Security Gone Too Far?
View Single Post
Old 17th Sep 2003, 12:57
FO Cokebottle

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Cost Cutting.......

How true, how very true.

My experiences of the security at world airports and those of oz is that labour is the big cost and the one to reduce.

How to reduce this when you have to have "warm bodies" in certain positions (screaning, bag checking and strip searching for those who need it...pick me please!!! ).....

HIRE ONLY MINIMUM WAGE STAFF

So only the "blank look" people who do not have the brain power to see outside of the box are hired.

For example, SYD Intl transit x-ray - the security staff at this security post looked and acted like he should have been "bouncing" outside a lower sociaoeconomic group night club in Redfern. His instructuions to pax (mostly tourists) were to say the least gruff, demanding and intollerant. Don't get started about the female security staff at MEL - they're even worse!!!!

"Rules are for the blind adherence of fools and for the guidence of wise men"

One exception to this was Kansai when stopped at x-ray due to my leatherman in my flt bag (I was operating crew) the supervisor was on the scene quickly and stated..."no problem you go through - what you going to do, stab yourself??"

Who would of thought that statement from the Japanese - the masters of "blinkered in the box thinking"