PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Eurowings
Thread: Eurowings
View Single Post
Old 11th Dec 2017, 11:28
MXer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I wanna clear up with some of the myths with Eurowings Europe (EWEU) here. first of all i clearly want to point out that thereīs much room for improvement regarding pay here.
I also think the pay for new captains / fast track upgraders (btw fast track upgrade means you start as a FO, i guess around 6 months is a realistic number before starting the upgrade course) is absolutely at a very low standard but it also has to be mentioned that guys with e.g. +8000hrs PIC can get a basic pay of +135k + sectors flown. for sure itīs true that there are better deals out there with that experience but i just want to make clear that there is a huge range of what is offered or not offered.
itīs also true that many have flown only few extra sectors in the first 1.5yrs of operations due to lots of flights being used for training. but at my start here i also had months with 25 days off. i guess in the future around 20k for extra sectors is a realistic number.
actually there is a new works council installed now and itīs also not true that youīre not allowed to go on strike in austria (even if itīs not common).
i have been with three other airlines in my career before (including a legacy one) and from the point of crewing/roaster/vacation planning etc. it was all more or less the same (depending one the kind of ops being operated, for sure long haul is not loco short haul).