PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Security Gone Too Far?
View Single Post
Old 17th Sep 2003, 09:22
Kaptin M
Moderate, Modest & Mild.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up

Actually I personally don't have a problem with the new proposal - that is the way things work in many other countries, and so perhaps it is Oz that is out of step here.

It will certainly take a lot of pressure off the security goons, and will no doubt aid in giving more on-time departures, due to the queues being reduced.

airsupport does raise a couple of valid exceptions, and so perhaps special consideration might be given in those instances to allow accompanying assistants and parents through. Generally however, the number of handicapped and unaccompanieds is miniscule, and so shouldn't add too much extra pressure to the system.

I'm sorry folks, but I'll give this one my "thumbs up", simply because it will dramatically unload the current system in an area where pax numbers are forecast to rise dramatically.

You want to buy a full uniform, DR - try eBay, there are usually one or two being sold off there. As for the ID, they aren`t too hard to manufacture either. Perhaps some of us underestimate the resources that potential, well-trained future terrorists have access to. It would not surprise me in the least, if at some time in the future we learn that a team of 5 or 10 terrorists gain access ALL posing as a crew (cockpit and cabin....male and female)!

Yes, the system certainly IS frustrating for those of us who work inside, and to that end it is up to the airlines and the security people to arrange designated crew access areas, including deadheading crews.

Last edited by Kaptin M; 17th Sep 2003 at 10:13.