PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - So no 13 th month for Captains
View Single Post
Old 10th Dec 2017, 08:14
Pucka

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Malcolm, apols for the late reply but its been a manic roster with little time off, (lucky bugger with that month on month off!). Sam was pissed off that I couldn't make the wedding but even with a joker request in, 2 days wouldn't cut a trip to the UK. (apparently, it was due to .."training commitments), its truly a punitive roster system where even with my seniority, I should at least get some sort of result. Anyway, its all kicking off here..I bet you're glad you never made the move when I did, though I hear yourself and Phil are going to the 78 next year? I recall you saying that the expat benefit package will be confined to history by the new millennium, though to be fair, the slide south has been gradual but with "tricky" spikes..the snags of working with a company that rotates its management through the most bizarre of systems..can you believe that a spotty 22 year old bottle making junior graduate can be slotted into an airline and NOT screw up?..I can see THAT working in BA bro!..wish I had stayed when I had the chance..though as you might have heard from John, the promised 13 th month we get has been refused to Captains and the manager personal..ex Brit army FCS too, has tried to explain how its appropriate??all to cover up massive losses that these ******** caused in the first place! ( makes the balloon end of contract payments at Vietnam etc look like contract flying might be the way to go now).
Seems like you're on a winner with the bid line again.. another Xmas off! lucky bugger!! swop my split Taipei with you possibly..??..I don't even get NY off..whilst management slide off to Bali or Whistler for their hols…being marginalised over this whole 22 years is tiring to say the least..off to my swag now.. another min rest state side..see you enjoyed your 3 day Dallas trip.. nice pics! (maybe catch you in Dartmouth next year with the dogs.. still no sign of when th 2018 leave might be..probably academic since I"ll be back to the line by then..together with most of the other guys!!! I see Dave has joined J2..! after he left CX, it was all about.."never another airline"..we shall see!