PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - So no 13 th month for Captains
View Single Post
Old 9th Dec 2017, 15:25
back.office

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Apologies that I cannot post the following on Yammer because I may need a reference from the company as I am currently active in the job market. Having just read Tom and Tony's replies, I created an account here hoping someone here will hold them accountable.

In Tom's second post, he states all level D and above managers will not receive a bonus or an increment. This is simply not true because many are on a Swire employment contract. Only those on CX contract are subject to zero bonus and increment. Understand zero bonus is a tough pill to swallow for the captains. But it is as upsetting if not more for level D ground staff knowing the person next door on a Swire contract who got the company into this mess will get a full bonus and increment. He/she also knows it is a short term position before rotating out of this joke of a company.

Below link to 2016 annual report with notes on Directors' remuneration on pages 88-89. I cannot post links as I'm a new member - google Cathay Pacific 2016 Annual Report.

Bonues for Directors in 2016 ranged from $125k to $5,057k. I highly doubt when the 2017 annual report is published in April/May that Directors' bonus will be zero. Tom received bonus of $736k ($424k + 312k) in 2016.

Having worked at CX for six years, the pecking order cannot be any clearer.

1 - employees on Swire contract
2 - consultants, their wives/husbands and other third parties
3 - employees on CX contract