PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QF Recruiting FOs Hawaii
View Single Post
Old 8th Dec 2017, 23:35
V-Jet

Received 59 Likes on 29 Posts
Originally Posted by josephfeatherweight
Forgive my (significant) ignorance, but don’t you guys at the big Q have some sort of union to deal with this sort of behaviour by your company?
Qantas 'management' is not a rational beast. It's led by an egotist who has likely had a crummy school life and is now taking his petty grudges out on any group he dislikes. He does like HR (possibly the only group he does like) which in QF performs the same role the Gestapo performed for the Nazi's. He has surrounded himself with a coterie of yes men, is a one trick pony (cost cutting), an inept manager, out of his depth and out to extract as much cash for himself as he possibly can. Nor does he 'care' about the airline.

To understand QF, you have to accept that is the beast you are dealing with. The last time the unions tried to get some progress (basically trying to protect the airline from it's management) the airline was shut down by the lunatic at a cost north of half a billion dollars. That's a very expensive way to stop militant pilots wearing red ties.

Qantas is an extremely dangerous adversary which completely owns the media and most politicians. I suggested a course of action to the union when the airline was shut down, but was told it would not be palatable for most members. Although I do think it would have solved the problem in a few days, you have to appreciate what one is prepared to do, others would not.

Hope that explains the insanity to those less familiar with Kim Jong Al.