PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The new Qantas uniform...who did the homework on this one?(merged)
Old 16th Sep 2003, 22:16
ditzyboy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
VILE VILE VILE VILE VILE

No where on my docket does it say "No exchange or refund...". Please Morriessy - may I return it to one of your stores!?

Needless to say I am the Link Chick Mr Seatback is referring to.

The uniform is worse in real life than what I ever imagined. Sadly I want to keep my job so I have to wear the blasted thing. Won't even go into the choice of design. Can some it up by simply saying - VILE.

What is with the pants? As stated previously they are cut so high anyone can check me for testicular cancer! The pants are so tight at the front the whole world can see my 'profile'. And the legs. I by no means have coconut crushing thighs but I have ordered a size too big just to allow blood through to my feet! Or are they meant to be leggins?

The jacket. Do you think they could spare the TWO cheap ass plastic buttons? Loved the kangaroo too. Very original. No one would have ever thought of that! Oh the lining - tragic! See you at the RSL soon, Mr Seatback.

Oh and the 'Day Bag'. Who on Earth decided that was cool? I catch the train to Domestic and I don't want to get bashed, thanks. Wheelie Bag for me! Even on day trips.

Yes. The Wheelie Bag. Once I put in my sandels and running shoes (and perhaps some nice heels to go out in when I get to Rockhampton) there is no room left for anything else! Plus there is a big mother kangaroo on it! So if I escape the bashing above I will at least endure some smart @ss comments from Sydney commuters.

Garment Bag. Big mother of a kangaroo on the front but can turn it around to escape any more jeers. Good idea but not ideal for fitting nicely into stowages, lockers and crew transport. Awkward size and shape and a waste of space.

Mock print things do not sit well with many Vegans. Even though they are not real it is still the principal. Did QF consider that? Hell, I am going to proclaim myself Vegan. (I will still have the 1kg steak in ROK though. Is that allowed?)

The positives?
OK there is always a positive. THE OVERCOAT! Yay! Going to be wearing it out real soon. It is very "Meet you out the front of the club in ten." Very "South Yarra coffee shop" - Love it!

Peter Morrissey I have one word to say to you - Vile! Could I do better? No? But I don't pretend to know what I am doing. Nice try. Keep up the work, Tiger.

Overall kids I prefer the 70's (and worn well into the 80's - naughty Qantas!) Pucci number. But then again - I would say that!

Great Galley -
Thanks for carrying all that around in your pocket. It means when I am on the cart with you I don't have to walk all the way to the galley to get a hyperchondriac a Brenclear. Or to use a pen, get gloves etc. Thank you

Skywalker -
What do you mean Seatback will still look pretty?Hmmm? His hair isn't pretty like mine...