PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What are newbees supposed to do?
View Single Post
Old 16th Sep 2003, 20:20
Moonraker2003

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
FFF- agree , I did post that about seeking a position, it was not for me, I did it to help a youngster, he was not registered with Pprune.

To the other comments --Well taken. I do realize the implications most of you mention, maybe I am an idealist, maybe I wanted to see if there were any others who would take up cudgles on behalf of these wouldbees. If I had the means and the capacity I would have rounded up a few like-minded--Any takers yet?

Guys , I am aware that economics, and the way things are today its a shot in the dark, but quite a few good things have been achieved in the past when ideas, thoughts were penned & shared.

If some have found my post naive, maybe it is--
My post has generated many view points, yes I did ask for them and it is fine as long as it stays within limits.

I am still optimistic that soon someone will think real hard and come up with a solution---

I know many of these wannabees , they are all aware that it was not going to be easy when they opted for flying as a career, they just need that 'foot in the door' opening.

BTW there is a school ( mentioned in the Regional Airline World issue ofJuly / August 2003 Vol. 20) main 'feature----Pilot training programmes Where training is more than Academic---- that train pilots to build hours, this gives me hope that many more will come up soon.
Thanks for your time to read my post.