PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - only bad eggs left?
View Single Post
Old 4th Dec 2017, 13:27
Monarch Man

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by MileHi View Post
- Some guys having been hand flying the plane for years (as per OM-A). Others have been engaging the AP at 100’ and disconnecting at minima. Who is to blame for lack of skill?
Following the flight directors with the autothrottle engaged up to X thousand and down from X thousand isn't really 'hand flying' ...in my eyes anyway.
And, therein lies the rub Felix, the culture is so deeply ingrained that something as simple as hand flying is lost amongst layers of OMA revisions and knee jerk FCIs.
As I’ve said previously, the department that should be leading the way has been far more concerned with compliance and arse covering rather than protecting and enhancing the skills of its “customers”
Yes there are good trainers, but they along with their far too inexperienced and far too confident in their own ability colleagues are as much part of the problem as the 3rd and 8th floor are, they just don’t yet see it or believe it themselves...yet.
Human beings learn from their mistakes, until such time as the training environment is tolerant in a humanistic and pragmatic fashion I will continue to view their efforts through jaundiced and cynical eyes, regrettably it seems our training head has forgotten so many of the lessons he learnt from his previous days in her majesty’s service.