PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - easyCommands at EasyJet!!!
View Single Post
Old 16th Sep 2003, 19:29
noblues

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nofrills & Man Flex 32.5 - thanks for the two views from within ej, its always the same their will always be some who see the worse and others who see the good (is a glass half full or half empty !).

I must agree with nofrills - it does seem ej are expanding too rapidly with funds from floatation, although load factors are good yields are going south and shareholders confidence is reflected in the share price.

I do fear ej could be another Air Europe or Dan Air, both expanded heavily with new a/c and over did it ..... plus ej is the first low cost to go down the mixed fleet road - I think this is very dodgy if costs and margins are tight, the inflexibility of a mixed fleet I can't see working properly for ej.

Re. Salary's - I have worked for another 'low cost' for 6 years before joining BA as a DEP on the airbus over 3 years ago.
My basic is £46K as an FO and I net (take home) around £1000 in allowances per month with about 12-14 days off per month.

My basic goes up by nearly 2K per year ... as a capt. at Gatwick with BA I would be on around the high £60K mark plus allowances ..... even comparing my BA basic to ej's Capt's salary its not worth jumping ship into a world of roster instabilty and chaos (been there done that !).

Roster stability is worth so much within BA and I gave up a command to come here, despite the pain of sitting in the RH seat for years to come and the lure of a command with ej it will take a lot to intice me back to an instable roster, plus at BA I retire at 55 with a good final salary pension and have health care + LOL and abaove all BALAP rule !