PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Engineers Salary
View Single Post
Old 16th Sep 2003, 18:44
Blacksheep
Cunning Artificer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
fish

Viewed from the outside, UK continues its inexorable decline; the nation seems obsessed with trivia and luvvies. Hardly anything truly productive happens there anymore. As I write this I can see a view over the former De Havilland works at Hatfield. Cheap & nasty timber frame housing sold at exhorbitant prices, a few warehouses and the HQ of a mobile phone company are a poor substitute for the loss of almost an entire industry.

As the technicians above gloat over their vastly inflated salary claims I reflect that its no wonder all the really productive 'wealth creators' like my brother, migrate to countries where their talents are truly appreciated. How do we relate the claimed 55K for an aircraft maintenance technician to my brother's 45K for a PhD in Civil Engineering? No wonder Dr. Blacksheep went abroad to continue his career of designing and building power stations.

Meanwhile the rail links between London and Scotland are cut and whole boroughs of the capital city have been without water for 5 days. Engineers. who needs them?

Through difficulties to the cinema