PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EK 40k $ bond for Captain Upgrades
View Single Post
Old 3rd Dec 2017, 22:50
SOPS
short flights long nights

Received 154 Likes on 48 Posts
Originally Posted by bringbackthe80s
With the most respect, I get that you love driving trains. But please also realize that many people here do not want to give up flying and this is why the vent their (endless) moans on here. They say they do, but the truth of the matter is if they're off for a couple of months for any reason, they miss it. Sure it depends on age, when I' anywhere within 15 yrs of retiring I will not fly multiple sectors or 800 hrs a year, that's for sure. There are options though, in many places around the world, and to be honest they are not usually discussed on here (the best sign). Usually options that require not counting on the stability of a permantent contract, or a stable airline. Good people quickly find the next job though. So there you have it, the hard truth, we can't have everything. Plenty of options, choose wisely.
I was not suggesting you give up flying, bringback,..I was just telling my story. As you say..there are choices. And I don't think people have "endless moans" on here...I would call the legitimate concerns.