PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EK 40k $ bond for Captain Upgrades
View Single Post
Old 3rd Dec 2017, 10:59
Monarch Man

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Great so we have the inside scoop on how wonderful life is back in the US for those who have that option, I’m guessing for the vast majority it merely sounds like the usual blowhard nonsense that you got sick of hearing at RTGS sessions when the upset Americans in the class started the conversation with “well back in the states...”
News flash, the ME isn’t America, it never was and it never will be, EK for it’s part demands it’s pound of flesh as it’s the nature of the beast.
For me, no amount of money could compensate me for having to endure living any length of time in America, the pervading smell of fried food, the homogeneous and generic nature of pretty much everything including news, views and a good proportion of the populace being dumbed down is reason enough to suggest to most moaning ‘mericans’ that if it’s so bloody wonderful it’s a good idea to head home and enjoy the “good life”.
The sad thing about this latest act of management malevolence is that it merely reinforces to flightcrew the reasons why they are on their way out the door. Ultimately the bond is a counterproductive policy borne out of a flawed and ill conceived reaction by those who clearly lack the intelligence and foresight to resolve the staff retention problems that are of their own making.