PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Prisoners dilemma or tragedy of the commons
Old 2nd Dec 2017, 11:25
Shutterbug

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Walk up and down the street at CX and see how many cabin crew or office workers even bother to smile or say hello.
In all fairness, it's also a cultural issue. In what travel brochure were Hongkongers described as "vivacious, jovial, warm-hearted, gregarious, bouyant, cordial...."

It's just Asia.

As to the question at hand, I think most guys aren't prepared to risk being 49ered. They're quietly taking interviews and making plans to pack it all in. I do expect to see a larger than statistically average number of pilots leaving over the next 3-6 months.

Across the the street last week no fewer than 6 CX pilots taking interviews on one day. 2 captains and 4 FOs. Quite surprised. Had looks on their faces like they were caught cheating on their wives. Had a good laugh actually. I'm sure a lot more guys are making private arrangements.

People are leaving. It's not talk. I'd say the guys who think the pilot body is a cohesive unified group that is capable of acting as one team are the optimists. CX rigged the game years ago. The divide and conquer has been working for them, and will continue to do so. Sorry, but I haven't seen any evidence to the contrary.

On the plus side, more than plenty of opportunities out there. Shouldn't be a hard choice.

Good luck to all. Consider your personal circumstances. Crunch the numbers for your family and weigh your options carefully.