PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - B737NG Rating for DJ
View Single Post
Old 16th Sep 2003, 09:35
FU24-950M

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Waffle

Guys & Gals,

You all have too much time on your hands. You spend tooooooooooooooo much time bitching & moaning.

Unions only get establised when there is poor management. A good manager gets rid of 'turbulence'. They want a smooth ride - just like the passengers.

Now children, before you start sniping at me. I work in an airline that sadly has a 'dinosaur' mentality union. I recently flew with an F/O on an all night 2 sector duty. On the return leg all he did was work out which of the next months 3 all night duties he was going to pull sick on. Or what about the pilot who refused to do a sim session because he was 1min - YES ONE MINUTE under the required minimum rest period after positioning to the sim lcation and incurring a delayed arrival. This attitude makes me sick. Aviation personeel are meant to be 'of good character' and have integrity. What I often see fails to even register in the same planet as 'good character'. Integrity I spell -I N T E G R I T Y- is a quality pilots are meant to have. Pulling sick because they dont want to fly is unprofessional. Perhaps some of these individuals have not been unemployed long enough - or ever. In some airlines, this culture of 'sickness' is not tolerated. Immediate dismissal is the order of the day.

Now genuine 'Sickness' is tolerated. But I've had cabin crew report for Sunday morning flights having come straight from the night clubs! Do you as Capt allow them to board and operate?

RYANAIR have a gem of a system to reduce sickness. At the begining of the year, all employees are entered into the christmas draw- a Landrover Freelander (4x4) . When they have a day off sick, their name is removed from the Christmas draw. Needless to say, come Sep, people will report to work with the worst flu ever and sperad this around via the efficient acft ventilation system. Hows that for CRM!

I give an honest days work and in return I expect a fairs day pay.

Is that too much to ask?

I need to top up my tan before doing another all night 2 sector duty, so will keep QF incidents that I have observed about crew bitching when they got a duty change. ie wanting 3 days notice for a duty change - which was only departing 5min later, going to another city, and returning to the original base 20 min later than their original duty. They wanted this , that and every thing under the sun. Perhaps thats why Dixon wants to make 25% of them casual employees asap.

What is the significance of 'UB40'?

Bye for now- and dont thow sand in the sand pit.