PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What are newbees supposed to do?
View Single Post
Old 16th Sep 2003, 09:21
Bealzebub

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This forum is visited by many very experienced pilots and other aviation professionals who are either very thorough in their reading of PPRuNe, or more likely have an interest in the questions or problems posed by wannabee contributors.

To those (few) of you who believe that such folk only come here to respond with "put downs" or "nasty comments", I really don't think anybody reads the posts with that intention.

It is a difficult career for many people to enter. Nevertheless many manage to do it. I am always interested to hear of my fellow work colleagues how they managed it. Never heard one yet who got where they are by complaining to the world at large.

Perhaps you are right and we should be sympathetic to your difficulties in which case I apologise and of course the airlines should be nice to you, and everyone already employed should tell you how unfair everything is. It is outrageous how much money you have had to spend when we all got here because of our daddies money or beacuse we are "ponses" whatever that may mean ? Of course there is an arguement that giving a short response that is a simple reality check borne out of real world experience might be worth your consideration as well.

Personally speaking I understand the frustration that some may feel and I sympathise. However all the sympathy in the world won't help you if you don't have the motivation luck and attitude that is necessary to suceed. The first two are hard to judge from a post but the latter is glaringly lacking from some contributors to these threads. For those that do persevere and knuckle down and hopefully get a little good luck along the way you have my best wishes and you deserve the opportunity. For those that wallow in their own grief or drop out for whatever reason then good luck in what ever you do. That is as close as your going to get to a hug !