PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - All its going to take is a crash.
View Single Post
Old 29th Nov 2017, 13:24
Admiralty

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The lack of quality local FO's is the reason that I gave up. I couldn't take one more day of having to fly each and every sector (because the FO couldn't safely do so) as well as intervening to give correct info on ATC calls when the spiky haired brigade to my right messed up. This is from a corporate and not an airline perspective, but reading some of the postings on this forum indicate it's no better with an Airline.

Interestingly these FO's also seem to have a habit of parker pen entries in their logbook when one actually bothers to look in depth at their previous experience, probably hundreds of hours of non existant experience in some cases. Yet these types of pilots continue to find work and feel that they are untouchable due to their gold bars and uniform, and when I look at these Junior FO's who really cannot communicate in English with ATC it does make me smile when I see they have awarded themselves an extra stripe making 3 bars after flying a couple of sectors with me.

But ultimately blame lies with the training center or at least a certain one (you know who you are) that hand out command type ratings like candy in the hope that their center continues with its 99.9% first time pass rate, and the problem is then passed to the Captain on the line.