PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Thomas Cook Balearics
View Single Post
Old 29th Nov 2017, 09:00
macdo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Capt Scribble
A forced base move is rather different from redundancy.
Yes, it is different. Like an oncoming tsunami, your survival will depend on your exact position when it strikes. For some, the TC base closures will result in their leaving the business, so de facto redundancy, for others it will merely be an inconvenient extra commute. The point is, that TCABal is a very long thin wedge to be inserted where the currently employed pilots will find it most painful. While I can't blame RudderTrimZero discouraging people from applying for these jobs, we all know that people will do what is currently best for themselves. If I were unemployed with bills to pay, I'd probably be typing the application right now. But, it is worthwhile knowing that by doing so, you are also stabbing yourself in the back as the the only way for T&C's to go from here is down. 2k for a SO with no benefits, really?
How cheap will pilots sell themselves, I can tell you as it happened with the glut of GA pilots in the early 1990's. They will work for free, some will even pay for the privilege.

Last edited by macdo; 29th Nov 2017 at 10:07.