PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EK 40k $ bond for Captain Upgrades
View Single Post
Old 28th Nov 2017, 09:29
givemewings

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
they just get dumber as they go....

It's not the worst deal I've seen.
Wait til they make it retroactive to all captains, they can do that btw, the contract ain't worth wiping your ass with in that part of the world. They can do what they want and they have the money to wait you out if you try to go the legal route.

Have to love the comment about US line training there not to destroy confidence. We're talking about EK here. The apparent methodology at EK is to get you second guessing yourself and have that fear in the back of your mind. There's the saying 'you're only as good as your last flight'. They could give two craps if you've served them loyally for years, one screw up* and you're done. (And by screw up* it doesn't even have to be a mistake on your side, it can be on the say so of some passenger is who is mildly related to the maid of someone with some wasta) I know a guy who got canned and the worst part was he was on his CRC break at the time of the alleged 'offence'.... too bad so sad he was the marked man and out he went.

it's a bit hard to have confidence when you know that the company only backs captain's authority over the aircraft so long as it's making them money and they agree with said authority decisions.

I since pulled the pin and do not miss it one bit, only the friends I left. I wouldn't work for them again if they offered me a million bucks, some things are worth more than your health and dignity.

This latest move sure doesn't make them look good. And as for the 'youngsters'.... most of them are up to their eyeballs in P2F debt, can they really throw another 40k on top of it (as well as whatever the initial bond is?)