PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What are newbees supposed to do?
View Single Post
Old 15th Sep 2003, 23:58
FlyingForFun

Why do it if it's not fun?

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Moonraker,

You are, as is everyone else, entitled to your opinion. It just happens to be different to most other posters so far on this thread.

I'm not quite sure why you've singled me out for a special mention. If it was because what I said in my second post on this thread doesn't fit your personal circumstances, then perhaps you should note that the post in question was actually a reply to Smartcol, not you. Smartcol raised some issues which were different (although related) to those that you raised, and my reply was entirely appropriate (and not directed at anyone in particular - especially not at Smartcol nor you). Perhaps you should follow your own advice when you say: "Read the post again before responding in future".

As for "those who were so quick to jump and think it was a new wannabe who had posted the topic", maybe you should make life easier for us. Your profile doesn't reveal anything about your flying experience. When you say things like "The fraternity of pilots unlike other professionals used to be that of....", and talking about "the plight of so many youngsters", you sound like an old pro. Which is a little strange, since just 6 months ago you described yourself as "Pilot from Canada seeking employment... 300 hrs. TT" I assume you've since found yourself work? It's a tough world out there, and if you've made it then congratulations are in order.

I wish you good luck in your quest to help Wannabes. But please forgive me if I'm more inclined to rely on my hard work than your idealistic views to get me a job.

FFF
--------------