PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The GMA Epistle
Thread: The GMA Epistle
View Single Post
Old 25th Nov 2017, 01:55
mothy1583

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've lost track of how many times management have pointed out the 2300 firm aircraft orders for the region, yet they seem to feel this we should sympathise with them and see this as a threat to the corporate bottom line rather than as a huge opportunity for highly trained, experienced and sought after pilots to seek better employment elsewhere as competition for pilots ramps up. Very blinkered but not surprising.

Another thing I don't understand is how management have generously chosen to take a temporary pay freeze this year (so presumably they were expecting a pay rise for their stellar performance) and not to accept their CX bonuses (as opposed to their Swire bonuses which they will still get) yet they feel that all the minions should accept a permanent cut to salary, housing and provident fund. How is this justified or equitable or considered leading from the front?

My last point is more of a suggestion to aide the company in further improving its bottom line. Adopt the common Hong Kong practice of running the office for 6 days a week - all levels of office staff would be included, right up to Slosar, so it would be seen as fair. There would be no need to pay staff for the extra days' work as it could be done under the guise of HK Best Practice and we are a 24/7 operation after all. It would generate an additional 20% productivity that could be harnessed to further grow this great company. Alternatively, that extra productivity could be used to justify further staff reductions (anyone who spoke out against it would be first to go, naturally) and the threat of job loss could be leveraged to further grow this great company - my preferred option, to be honest, as it feels like double-dipping.