PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Eurowings
Thread: Eurowings
View Single Post
Old 23rd Nov 2017, 17:55
P40Warhawk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This all might be true. Yes conditions are not the best in the market, But see it like this. Fly there 2 years and you have like 1200-1600 hrs on Type ( maybe even able to unfreeze your ATPL ). This opens a lot of doors. You do not have to pay for rating. Bonded maybe 1 or 2 years. Sometimes you have to sacrifice to get higher. This aint P2F.
600 for an apartment? When you are young, just rent together with a colleague.
Food? 400? Yes when you eat every week 3 times steak at can pedro, but otherwise 250 will do. Car? 300 a month? I have an 16 yr old Audi TDI. That does not cost a fortune in maintenance or fuel.

I have to say that I am not working in EWE, but I have been MANY times in Mallorca, I know pretty much what the costs are in PMI. Vienna of course is bit more expensive, but again, just two yrs of not so fancy life and make big steps forward. Go to the ME for instance could be also an option to pay back your Loan quicker and then move back to Europe .

Why do you need to fly home every month? Besides you can fly on Standby tickets. Especially when you are young you should take your chance. Then after 2 years you leave.

Yes DHL, Condor are much better companies, but first of all you need to get invited first.

As a low timer, you should take your chance and take the job, make hrs and move on to better airlines. You can wait for the big price, but maybe that makes you missing the boat. Then another crisis hits and you are still on the ground for god knows how long.

AGAIN, the conditions are not good, but as a low timer you are not in the position to demand salaries of 5K a month. Make the hrs and move on to better Airlines. Especially with 1500 hrs on 320 opens doors to for instance Easyjet, BA or any other bigger airline where you have much better conditions.

Last edited by P40Warhawk; 23rd Nov 2017 at 18:36.