PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The new Qantas uniform...who did the homework on this one?(merged)
Old 15th Sep 2003, 14:22
ShesGreatintheGalley

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
well i picked mine up today also....

Its nice and was like christmas opening all the boxes!
overall i like it, but still have a few probs with the design...

i, being a lady, received the handbag (not too bad size, bigger than what i thought) and suitpack which i like very much.
Trolley case... give me 2 weeks before it falls apart dosent look very well made!

Onto the uniform:

I received the wrong size shirts... and all short sleeved so will need to fix this before i can wear it. I want at least 1 long sleeve thanks!
Scarf thing that attaches to shirts is going to be a NIGHTMARE it buttons on in 100 different positions and either strangles you too tightly or shows waaaay to much cleavage... boys in the FD will love that one!

Why does the shirt only have a pen holder? who uses them? when you stick a pen in it it looks god awful. why not a normal pocket with a pen spot at back of pocket like old uniform???
Not too keen on the stretchy material either, shows too many curves if you know what i mean (or mabye that was me trying on a shirt that was too small..... anyway...)

Jacket:
I think mine is a bit small.... there is no pocket on the breast that enables you to stick things in (pens, brenclear, usual stuff) so you have to rely on non existant shirt pen holder and pockets in pants and skirt for everything else.
Pockets on hips are 'faux' pockets. great.

Vest... pocket is TINY and i wouldnt fit my id inside it.
I am the sort of person that carries EVERYTHING on me, pens, sachets, gloves, watch, etc HELP!!!

Overcoat: Brilliant cant wait to wear it

Pants + skirt are great too...

Belt is fine...

earrings....... looks like i need to re-peirce my ears to wear these little gems!

No name badges yet, heard there is a slight problem and these need to be remade so that they can go through the metal detectors without beeping....

AND NEXT WEEK IS THE CUTOVER!

(Btw: if any girls have size 14 shirts they want to swap for size 12s let me know!)