PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The new Qantas uniform...who did the homework on this one?(merged)
Old 15th Sep 2003, 14:14
UpperDeckRight

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The issue with the wrinkled shirts - well that wont be an issue! In Long Haul, there is no stage where the customers will actually see the shirt. Jackets on in the terminal, boarding, demo etc . Then all crew bar the CSM wear the serving jacket for the rest of the flight, and change again before landing - again with jackets on.

Similar in shorthaul/ regional - crew wear jackets whenever off the plane, jackets or serving vests during flight.

For one, I am happy with the uniform. Having to spend so much time in SIN & BKK, to have a uniform made of lighter material will be great, as we have to wear our jackets in that heat. At the moment, with the current jackets, you get to the aicraft/ hotel dripping in sweat just from the heat and humidity.

I think the shirts are fantastic, it is about time we had a more fitted style shirt, rather than everyone looking like they are wearing a great big white potato sack!

There is nothing I see impractical about the uniform, it is flattering, comfortable and modern.

And it is great to see that the Grooming standards have become more universal. Eg now everyone has to wear jackets off the aircraft , not just LongHaul.

To have all crew with similar standards is great.