PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair pilots identify themselves as new employee council following rostering fiasco
Old 18th Nov 2017, 01:40
Full_blast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Irish law acknowledges the ERC system however Ryanair (as usual) is showing no respect whatsoever and on Thursday the ERC in EMA (not the smallest base in the network) was bypassed by the management that, following a visit in the crew room, had the addendum approved after the exorbitant number of 33 pilots voted, out of which 7 against and 7 abstained. Will STN be next?

Current situation is that they are advertising better pay and conditions than Jet2 and Norwegian however people thinking to join should know that it is a blatant lie, and they would be joining a poisonous outfit based on bad treatments, threats, zero respect and especially lies.

They pride themselves of having hired over 1000 pilots in 2017, which may be even the truth, however there was no mention of the 910 pilots that left the company in the period January 2017-October 2017. And majority of those 1000 being two stripes cadets that have and will be waiting for 2/3 months (at 0€/month) to start their line training with a disrupted roster.

The biggest problem here is that the ignorant and low culture people sitting in Dublin think that Ryanair is THE company, and all the workers should be thankful to work for such a gig, bending over for whatever request/abuse they feel like serving that day.

The conditions I outlined should be well known already across the industry, and new pilots joining will get screwed sooner or later, just a matter of time.
If you join you accept all of this. When that happens don’t wonder around the crew room complaining about the t&c, in desperate need of talking with the base captain, as having a conversation with a brick wall would be more profitable.

I salute the guys in Germany and Portugal.
They have been really brave.
I hope that for the sake of the company those actions will lead somewhere better.
Unfortunately though, as of today, the only way to change things for good in there is still to leave for better outfits.

You have been warned (yet again).
Be wise.