PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Well that was a big waste of time
View Single Post
Old 17th Nov 2017, 00:37
Who stole my meds

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
BalusKaptan

Well if they won't talk to hired AOA negotiators then you don't talk to them. They won't talk to professionals cause they know they have no leverage.
Do the absolute minimum till your demands are met. I've never understood why pilots (generally speaking here) have believed they're better negotiators. Is it ego???
Look at all of the big non aviation unions around the world, the employees don't do the negotiating, it's professional's.

As quite rightly said by you, I don't work there but once upon a time I was hell bent on getting a job there but no more. One thing I learned during my research for the job is since '93 T&C's have gone one way, granted, this makes negotiations on the pilots behalf difficult when there is an oversupply of pilots but the tables are now turned. Professional negotiators can make arguments that you can't. Look at previous posts quoting AOA rep's talking about concessions........REALLY? this thinking is insane at a time like this. Hold the line, you get what you want or they get nothing, simple. If all else fails, leave. I walked away from two jobs and am better off for it (but I never left without somewhere to go first)
Pilot negotiators MAY work during times of limited supply but when pilots are falling out of the trees not so much. It looks like we're on the back curve of the supply side now but it's never too late to get the pro's in, particularly when CX is in the situation where they're struggling to not only get pilot's through the training system but to get pilots with respectable levels of experience.
Just something to think about from an outsiders perspective.

PS, Nice name wantok, lukim yu

Last edited by Who stole my meds; 17th Nov 2017 at 02:12.